Ugh- you know how your life has times & seasons? Well, this season in my life can be compared to blizzard season in North Dakota. Miserable & lonely.
I just typed about a 2 page post about all of my troubles, but I realized that you all might call CPS to come take my kids away, or the funny farm to come take ME away if you read how I really feel right now. So, I'll just say that I'm not in the best frame of mind lately & leave it at that.
I just typed about a 2 page post about all of my troubles, but I realized that you all might call CPS to come take my kids away, or the funny farm to come take ME away if you read how I really feel right now. So, I'll just say that I'm not in the best frame of mind lately & leave it at that.
I remember my mother saying "I'm just about at the end of my rope!" when I was a kid. Well you know what? I've been about 6 feet PAST the end of my rope for about 3 weeks now. I really try every day to manage my temper & focus on the fun stuff, but my life is about to push me off the edge of my cliff of sanity.
On the bright side, because I've been desperately searching for ways to feel good about myself, I've been doing all kinds of things that I've never tried before.
A friend in my ward has been teaching me how to make jewelry. Emma thinks it's awesome that Mommy can now supply her with an endless stream of shiny baubles.
I made a friend's daughter an Easter dress just because I was depressed last night. Well, sewing definitely isn't new to me, but offering to make a dress out of the blue, just because, sure is. Hope she likes it! (It looks very brown in the pic, I don't know why.)
I've also been researching the world of hair bows. Man, I found the BEST website ever- Girly Things Bows! I made these adorable little bunnies for the kids yesterday (sorry for the fuzzy pics, I just couldn't get my camera to focus), and tomorrow I venture to the store to get supplies for Emma's Easter hair-do. Stay tuned, because it's going to be really special!
So hopefully I'll be out of this funk soon, because I'm running out of new crafts to try, and I fear that the town of Tucson's supply of chocolate is in real danger if I can't snap out of this!
12 comments:
I hate when I enter those weird funky moods. To try and straighten my thoughts and attitude even seems impossible and would take to much energy. I usually just hold on for the ride. However, sometimes just get some alone time weather it be just me or me with Ben and no kids it seems to help. I think the mom in use gets tired and we need to be rejuvenated. I don't know if that's the same thing you're dealing with but I've been there before and it's rough. My whole family goes through it with me because my attitude is what sets the family attitude most of the time. Hang in there! This too shall pass.
At least you are crafting your blues away. I usually drown my troubles in some sort of sweets myself. I hope you come out of the funk soon. I wrote one of those long ranting posts and then published it and regretted it afterwards, so maybe you're smarter than me for not posting it. It does feel good to get it all out sometimes though.
I love the jewelry you made. Much fancier than the stuff I've done. I need to work on that some more. We should get together at the park again someday soon. It always helps me at least to be able to talk to another grown up.
Sounds like Mommy needs a little ME time. I suggest you come down and we go get pedicures with out the kids. I'll even watch the kids if you want to get your hair done or go shopping by yourself. Let me know if I can help.
I love the bunnies and can't wait to see Emma's hair.
Okay, so am I the only Larson girl who isn't crafty. You have always been my wedding buddy because anytime there has been a wedding to do you and I were on the same page. We did the heavy lifting, putting out chairs, holding our fingers out for bow making and so on. Nobody really trusted us with anything that required creativity....and now look what you have gone and done! Shame on you! I am all alone.
No really everything is WAY cute. I am very jealous. Please feel free to make me some jewlery...I'll even pay you for it, I'm in desperate need for some. Good Job!
I seem to recall having more than a few of those sorts of "in a funk" days. I'm grateful that you are finding ways to try and pull yourself out of it.
Don't know if you remember, but I spent more than one day sitting on the floor of my closet, just trying to DEAL!
Congrats on the bows & crafts...they are so cute and enrich your life as well as those around you!
Just keep hanging in there...it does get better...eventually!
I think we are speaking the same language right now!! I sometimes feel like I can't go on one more day the way things are but somehow time still seems to tick into the future without waiting for me to figure things out and catch my breath...
I told Mike the other day "You know how we have to re-charge our tooth brushes once a month for 12 hours even though we only use them 4-6 minutes a day?? Well, I get "used" a LOT more than 4-6 minutes a day so sometimes I just need time to re-charge my battery." That's when I walk out the door (after the Bugler is fast asleep) and head to the grocery store which is 1+ mile(s) away so I can get some fresh air. Fresh air and a brisk walk always lifts my spirits. I hope your life becomes more manageable soon!!
I am right there with you Kris! Lately I have been feeling pretty down with the wieghts of the world, health, and motherhood sitting heavily on my back. Maybe we have these days so we better appreciate the good ones... Cute dress and jewelry! I am excited about doing my girls hair for Easter too. I am doing the basket weave on Cambrie. Did you see how cute that one was? Hope you have a great day.
Hi Kris. I know we really don't know each other, but occasionally I'll read your blog, and today your title sparked something in common with me. I hope this is okay with you...
I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone in feeling like you do at the moment, and though it has been a "3-week moment", it will pass. I have felt exactly as your wrote about many many times, and I got through it okay(while learning something along the way). But I love how you have turned your hard times into a literal learning experience of trying new things! That is an idea that I will do next time I run into a "funk". Your crafting is beautiful and a service to others as well. You seem like a wonderful woman who has a lot to offer her family and those around you!
Hang in there Kris, we all know you are a great mother. I hope that you start feeling better. You should take a look at allthingsbows.com. It has some really cute bows. Your little girl is excited about your jewlry, Andie called me a "famous bow maker" the other day. It was so cute.
Ok, so I know you have gotten some really good advice on these posts, and I am so happy you have so many people supporting you. I just want to say thank you for your post. Im happy to see Im not the only who posts things about how life is not always beautiful and wonderful and fun.
But, just another note of advice and support. And this is just coming from me, as I have had a very hard year, and spent more than what I think is my share being at the end of my rope, and past it, and more or less just crying while trying to hold my life together.
Remember life is an adventure. It may not be one we ever want to do again, but it is an adventure none the less. And while its frustrating, and you dont know what to do to get out of your rut, you are on the right path, and doing what the Lord wants you to. I dont mean to sound all preachy, but really, take comfort in that. You are doing what you are supposed to, and the lord will find a way to make the rest work, including helping you find a way to feel better.There is nothing wrong with you. You are a wonderful mother, and any mother has felt what you are feeling. Keep in mind, chocolate is not all bad..... Seriously though, you are amazing and dont get to down on yourself. You will get through this and feel absolutely wonderful again soon. Love ya!
You are so talented Kris! I love the jewlery. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I hope that it will pass soon. You are a terrific mom. Don't forget that!
hey girl.. can I send you a ton of beads and jewelry making stuff??? That may brighten your day and mine to that I'm helping someone out. Email me.. I did a little dabling in jewelry making myself. Love you girl!! I know all too well how you're feeling.
Post a Comment