So what do you do when evil birdies are pillaging & plundering daily in your garden?
.
If you're a country hick like us, you get out the pellet gun & try to blast the culprits into the next county. But, when you try that a few times & never get the varmint, you build yourself a real, authentic scarecrow!
If you're a country hick like us, you get out the pellet gun & try to blast the culprits into the next county. But, when you try that a few times & never get the varmint, you build yourself a real, authentic scarecrow!
.
I don't know why, but I decided that his name should be Stan.
Andy drew up an artist's rendering of Stan, so this is where we started from.
The Beginnings Of Stan
STAN DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So now we have a very labor- & time-intensive garden ornament.
Sigh- so what do we try now?
.
Bird tape! Basically it's a very expensive streamer. I'm positive that I could've bought this at Lowe's or even the party store for about 1/4 the price, but you'd be amazed what you'll do (or pay) when you're fighting for your little plants.
.
And just for fun, look what we found this week! 
Happy Gardening!
2 comments:
Do you think those little bird streamers will scare away my ants? They eat all my strawberries as soon as they are ripe. The storms comin' little ants!
I've never heard of bird streamers. Interesting. Also, I've always wondered if scarescrows really work. Looks like it was fun for the kiddos!
Post a Comment