Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Frank: All Sorts of Crazy

Frank has been going through an "I Want To Dress Myself!" phase. And to be honest, I couldn't be happier. One less person to dress every day? Yea! However, I think that Emma's been giving him fashion tips.
.
He has on 2 socks on each foot- I guess the layered look is in? And whew, you should've seen the fit he threw when I made him change out of this to go to the store.
"This is what cowboys wear, Mom!" Yeah, the workout pants & flip flops would go great on a farm, buddy. Actually, this one isn't so bad, but he purposely changed from his "normal" clothes into this outfit specifically to go work in the garden. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.


And my favorite- "No, Mom! These are not too small! I want to be a hunter!" And yes, I let him wear them, and Daddy was so proud that his boy loves camo so much.

1 more picture that's just for fun. I just happened to have my camera in my hand when Dixie (the dog) sniffed Daisy's (the other dog) tushy. So Frank just had to see what was down there, I guess. Kiddo, you crack me up. Lastly, Andy has been wanting me to post about Frank's rather unique way of telling me that he loves me, but I've been too embarrassed. Oh, well. Life's too short, so what the heck.
.
We're in the "I love you bigger", "No, I love you bigger!" phase. And yes, Mom is breastfeeding the baby. So this is Frank's standard reply when I tell him that I love him.
.
"I love you bigger than your chest, Mom!"
.
Sometimes he goes on to elaborate:
"I love you bigger than your nose, arms, and belly, Mom!"
.
I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or offended. I guess I'll just savor the fact that he loves me & let the rest of it go. Aah, motherhood!

8 comments:

Mindi said...

Those outfits are hilarious. Is that first one his "pimp" outfit. I love the open jacket and track pants. The too-small jamies are hilarious too. He is very creative. I've never heard "I love you bigger than your chest" That is great. I'm glad you wrote it down. You will be laughing at that for years to come.

Ashlie said...

Now that is funny.

Hilary said...

You made me laugh out loud with this post. I can't believe you wouldn't let him wear that outfit to the store. Come on! ;) This post is going to be GREAT for blackmail someday. ha ha ha. Thanks for adding some humor to my day.

Amy Allred said...

Frank and Hunter MUST be related. Silly kids!

Casey said...

That is so cute. I love this stage when they are so serious about things and the things that come out of there mouth is so funny so matter what.

Dana said...

Ok so what happens when you stop nursing?? Will he love you LESS, considering...???

Andi said...

I didn't know Frank was such a fashion diva? Maybe he's just following in the footsteps of his sister.

I've enjoyed Emma's need for super styled girly hair!

Shannon Harris said...

Take the big chest comments while you can girl!!! Man Rielly and Frank would get along so good!!!!!! Love it!