I haven't been posting much lately because I have been completely consumed with getting our summer garden up & going. I don't know how many of you remember the garden saga from last year, but if you do, maybe you'll understand why I'm completely obsessed with every little leaf that pokes its little head out from the soil. Ridiculously obsessed. Ask my family- they think I'm totally plant crazy.
.
We changed the location from last year's, so we had to start from scratch, again. Unfortunately, the spot we chose has even harder ground that the last spot, so poor Andy spent more than a week getting the soil to break up & be semi-workable.
.
Why use just 1 tractor when 2 is so much more fun?
Man, this thing was fun to drive!
Go Daddy go! The kids ventured over a few times, but didn't manage to help him at all.
He even slaved away in the rain & hail on the day before Easter. It was COLD out there! (Notice that all of these pictures are taken from a distance, namely my dining room window? Mommy leaves this part to Daddy.)
Daddy even installed a fancy sprinkler system. Having fun yet, Andy?
Now that the soil was ready & waiting, it was my turn to bring this thing to life.
A little planting & watering, & voila! BIRD FOOD. As soon as the seedlings came up, they were torn out of the ground & destroyed. Darn birds don't even eat the plants, they just toss the little leaves aside like trash. Sometimes I hate nature.
3 comments:
How frustrating to put all of that work into a beautiful garden and not be able to reap what you sow! Those rascally birds!
That looks great Kris! I hope you get a plentiful harvest...once the birds leave it alone!
Kris! I am SO jealous! I have no idea how to keep a plant alive.. let alone help them grow! Oh and I promise I will get you some jewelry goodies soon. I'm lazy:(
Post a Comment