Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Egg Hunting Time!

This Saturday we ventured out to an Easter egg hunt that was put on at the local school by a local church. We've never been to a real egg hunt before, so it was fun to see all of the kids dash frantically for all of the eggs that were laying in plain sight for as far as the eye could see. Hmm, that's a little different than the 30 minute hunts that we put on at home that require clues & "warm", "cold" hints for the kids to find the eggs that Daddy hid.
.
It was a little chilly, but after the sun came out it wasn't too bad. I was glad that we went to this early morning hunt, because by noon it was raining & hailing, and that lasted until dark. There was even SNOW on the mountain/hill by my house. Yikes!
.
I love how much my kids love each other.




It was a little chilly for Jack to come out & hunt for eggs. He stayed snuggly in the carseat & batted at his frog & duck. It was so cold that I had to put his hat on. They call it a "pilot hat", and it's designed to keep his little fingers from ripping out the hearing aids. He hates it, but he looks like a pretty good sport in this pic!

The kids must've been really nice to the Easter bunny at the egg hunt, because look at the cool outfits he brought them! I remember being so excited to get our first summer outfit of the year at Easter, & wearing it just because I could, even if it was still too cold to do so. Aah, I miss childhood with all of the innocent fun!
We were blessed to have Grandma & Grandpa come stay this weekend, & they brought bunnies for all of the kids. I would like to report that the older 2 are sleeping with theirs tonight. Quite a feat for Frank especially, since the only thing he allows in his bed at night is Matchbox cars! Thanks, Grandma & Grandpa. We love having you come & stay, and it was nice to celebrate the holiday with you.
.
Happy Easter everybody!

4 comments:

Mindi said...

After reading your post, I tried to remember taking my kids to an egg hunt. I don't think I ever have. By I am a lame mom! Looks like they had a great time. I love how the "hid" the eggs in plain site. Glad you got to do it before the weather came. What a great idea to have the Easter Bunny bring summer clothes!

Kenningtons said...

LOVE the new outfits. Even more I love the tradition! I desperately need to start some traditions! Last year I just tried to survive so I feel like this is the first for everything....

Kenningtons said...

p.s. I am coming to AZ this Wednesday but I am moving to AZ the end of August (wasn't sure which one you meant).

Did you know Trish had her baby?? Kieralyn and I are coming to see him and stay for about a week. I think we are going to be in Safford the end of this week and over the weekend. If you are in town we should get together! Now that I think about it, I'll send out an e-mail and see if anyone is interested in getting together this weekend. Nothing like last minute plans...that's how I operate!

Casey said...

How fun! We have been so sick around here and we didn't get to do any egg hunting. Oh well, maybe next year.