Tonight I had 2 Memorable Moments within just minutes of each other. One was beautiful & touching, the other just typically goofy.
.
I had a bishop once counsel me to pray for myself & my family members in front of them, not only in my personal prayers. He said that it creates a stronger family bond when the kids know that the parents are praying for them & each other. I have followed that counsel, and tonight Emma showed me why it was such good advice.
.
In her evening prayer:
"Heavenly Father, PLEASE, PLEASE help Mommy be the kind of Mommy that she wants to be, and that she can be."
.
I was so touched by how fervently she prayed for me to be a good Mommy, and impressed that she did it in a way that made me feel like she was really rooting for me, not just wishing I wasn't so cranky all the time. Maybe tomorrow I can be a little better Mommy than I was today.
.
#2- Frank cracks me up!
.
After scriptures, we were discussing what Jesus & Heavenly Father look like.
.
Emma: See? In this picture Jesus has brown hair & a beard.
.
Frank: Yeah, Jesus had brown hair & comes to our church!
.
Mom: Yes, he could come to our church if he wanted to.
.
Frank: Yeah! I want him to come to our church, and Santa, too!
.
Mom thinking: Doh! (Homer Simpson style) So close & yet so far!
4 comments:
Emma's prayer is to cute. She's got such a fun little personality. Love that Frank story.
The more prayers in your behalf the better, right:) That is so cute. I love Frank's story too. You sure have funny kids!
Aren't our children just the BEST kind of teachers?!
I learned a long time ago that we are all truly brothers & sisters and our childrens (& grandchildrens) spirits are just as old and wise as any of us are. I guess Father intended for us all to learn from each other...if we can just stop laughing!
Ahhh Emmas prayer made me a little misty eye'd! We all could use a few extra prayers to be the kind of moms we really want to be. Heck I could use one of those right now. That is so sweet!!! Thanks for sharing that.
In our ward, we have a guy who actually dresses like Santa every yr so even now when my kids see him, they whisper (extremely loudly) "There's Santa!". So we have one up on ya.. Santa does come to our church!
Post a Comment