Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Gift of the Magic Carpet

Once upon a time, there was a little family of princes & princesses that lived in a sad, dry, brown kingdom of rocks.
.
They longed for color. They longed for soft ground underneath their feet. They longed to have a place to play that wasn't covered in stones & thorns.
.
This family was very, very blessed, because they had a fairy godmother that wanted to help them have these things that so many others take for granted.
.
So she sent them some magic carpet to transform their ugly, brown backyard into a green wonderland.

A little work was required to have this dream come true, but isn't that how it should be?

The little prince was so excited that he wouldn't even change out of his royal PJ's! However, he was a very good helper & did more than his share of unrolling the magic carpet while the princess was away at school. It was a wonderful surprise for her when she came home.

There was so much excitement & joy in their little kingdom when the magic carpet came to life. It seemed to bring happiness to all that dared touch it.


The little family of princes & princesses is so happy now. They will spend all of their free time on their magic carpet, telling fairy tales & eating royal meals.

So thank you, fairy godmother. You have no idea how much happiness you've brought to our dry, brown kingdom.

9 comments:

Mindi said...

Wow, that looks nice! My kids were here looking at the picture and wanted to know if that was a new park or something. Ha.

Casey said...

That is so great and so exciting. I wish we could have an instant transformation!

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

I'm so jealous! We were supposed to get our grass in this spring, but its looking like it won't happen until next year. Bummer! Yours looks so nice! You'll love having it.

Kenningtons said...

I need a fairy godmother!!!! This post was so clever. You should be a writer! Seriously!!! You have a gift!

Unknown said...

Your backyard looks amazing and I'm really jealous that Andy has a "Master Plan" and that it is all coming together.
Enjoy!

Adam and Samantha said...

Oh man that looks so nice! I'm jealous you have all that land!! That has to be so much fun for your little ones!!

Amy Allred said...

WOW!! Looks great! Your spoiled :)

Shannon Harris said...

HOw do I get one of these Fairy Godmothers.. do I need to apply for one? I love love love your backyard!!!! Beats my hill anyday!

The Hermyzoo! said...

This was awesome. How the MERRIMAN'S? It's been a while. I would love an update on life in your neck of the deseret!!!