Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Little Mermaid

My daughter has a one-track mind. She gets latched onto an idea or memory and won't leave it for days.



Case in point:

Emma was looking through a pattern book at the fabric store last week. She saw a pattern for a Little Mermaid costume.

Ever since, she's been begging me to make her a costume with "red hair that flows just like this (making swaying motions with her hands)" and "green fabric so that my legs can be flippers."


Today at volleyball she told everyone who would listen, and interrupted the game about 9 times to remind me that I needed to create such a masterpiece for her.

We even had to watch the Little Mermaid this afternoon so that she could show me exactly what she was supposed to look like.



This was the scene I found when I came out of the house this afternoon looking for her. She was almost in the middle of the driveway, but it was the largest rock she could find to recreate the "Part of His World" scene from the movie.



Classic, huh?

7 comments:

Shawna said...

That's hilarious Kris. What a cutie.

Kenningtons said...

i am dying!!! kids are so funny!! i love the picture. what a great memory for her one day!

Andi said...

Maybe we shouldn't get her and Paige together to play!? Yesterday, Paige was trying to kiss her friend, so they could pretend like they were falling off the boat (Kiss the Girl). Luckily, her friend didn't mind and thought it was incredibly silly! Emma's pose is classic!

Cheryl said...

I totally love it! She is adorable. So are you going to make her a costume...

Miken Harding said...

Hey girl...thanks for saying hi! How is that brother of yours? Still married i hope. Your family is so cute and big, you've got 1 up on me.:)Phil lived in San Angelo for 2 months...tec school. Hope you are good and let's keep in touch!

Kris said...

Miken, great to hear fom you! Honestly, I was worried you wouldn't remember me! Yep, Jason is still married. They just had their second kid, a boy, after much trial and heartache. They also have a 4 year-old girl. They live in Thatcher, where he is a police officer for the Town of Thatcher. I keep trying to convince my family from down there to blog, but all they will say is that "everyone has one" or that "blogging is just so trendy!" Whatever. If they don't want to try it out to see how great it is, they can just miss out!

Adam and Samantha said...

Hey - cute blog. I can't believe your kids! They are so big! I'm glad the yw are finally going to soccer, it was like pulling teeth, but know they love it, they talk about it all the time, thanks for doing such a great job with it =)