After bowling we went over to Trail Dust Town to get a steak and watch the cowboy stunt show. I love watching them fall off buildings and stuff, but Emma was terrified of the guns going off, and especially when the actor fell all the way from the top of a 3-story building. On the way home, she told me, "I was really brave during the cowboy show.....what is brave, Mommy?" "It's when you're not scared, honey," said Mommy. "Oh," said Emma "then I wasn't so brave." Somehow I managed to not get any pics of the show, but maybe that's because Frank fell off the bench and rolled underneath the bleachers and I was busy comforting him. Poor guy, he has a huge scrape on the side of his face, but was so enthralled with the show that he hardly even cried (after I fished him out of there!)
Before we left for home, we decided to do something that we've contemplated dozens of times. We always go into this studio, but finally decided to 'bite the bullet' and do it. I think the results are awesome, but now I have to find some sort of cowboy-type frame to put it in. Somehow I don't think it's gonna match the decor in our house!
3 comments:
Loved your old fashioned picture! I was just telling Tate that we needed to get another family picture (it's been over 2 years). That might just be the perfect fun family picture!
You know what I love??
The fact that you do things, together, as a family! What a concept. Somehow we seemed to have missed out on a lot of that when you kids were growing up. I guess our Daddy was busy making a living and that just left me with you 6 kids...anyhow, congratulations on making the kind of memories that your kids (and you) will remember forever.
Love you all,
Mom
that really is a wonderful tradition!!
Post a Comment