Friday, February 8, 2008

Winter in Arizona


There are a lot of people in this world (like my husband and you, Rachel) who believe that the presence of the 4 seasons are a necessity when choosing a place to live. I, however, am cut from a different cloth. I believe it's a lightweight cotton cloth, suitable for wear in the Arizona summers. Anyway, I just got an e-mail that illustrates why I feel the way I do about living in Southern Arizona. Many people believe that it's not really winter unless you have cold, snow, ice, salted roads, etc. I, however, believe that it's perfectly acceptable to go through an entire winter without ever wearing a heavy coat! This picture was taken at the park today. Yes, Frank is wearing a light jacket, but we took it off about 10 minutes after we got there. Both of my kids got sunburned, and we even were able to play outside in the sandbox in shorts and bare feet this afternoon. I love Arizona!





















So, I already know the answer, but I'll ask the question anyway. Does anyone want to leave sunny, 70 degree Arizona for this? That's what I thought. Happy winter, everybody!
Thanks for the pics, Tahna!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, you have a point. Cold does wear on everyone after a while. But this no autumn leaves, no snow angels, no cherry blossoms only brown and shades of light green gets so boring.
Today was lovely though :)

Anonymous said...

I am with you Kris I love this winter weather we have hear and for me the mid 50's are a bit too cold. I could go for this weather we are having 365 days a year.