Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Great Quotes (?)

Emma:
- while watching the polar bears at the zoo, a group of kids crowded around her to see too
"Mommy, these kids are taking up all of my breathing room!"
- while discussing what to speak about in her first talk in Primary
"I think the best thing would be to talk about the thousand scrip-chin warriors."
"I want to talk about Captain Moroni and that flag he had on a stick."
"Could we talk about the guys who got burned in the fire but didn't really get burned?"
(She may not have these quite perfect, but I was very proud that she could remember the stories off the top of her head.)
- after Daddy caught her playing with Frank's um, "stuff" in the bathtub
"Daddy, I think Frank has marbles in there!"
- describing getting caught in the bathtub by Daddy to Mommy
"Daddy didn't like me playing with Frank's marbles. Can I get some marbles at the store to play with?"

Frank:
- after falling head-first out of the crib at Grandma's house
"I bonk, I bonk, I bonk." (for about an hour while rubbing his head)
- while banging Mommy in the head with his favorite car
"Mommy bonk, Mommy bonk"
- after hitting Mommy so hard in the shin with a truck that she cried a little
"I sorry I bonk Mommy." followed by hugs and kisses
(I was very impressed by his empathy, but do we see a pattern here?)
- being put in bed last night
"I need car! I need car!"
(He is such a boy! Emma takes a blanket and dolls, he has to have a car in bed with him or he absolutely can't sleep!)

Daddy:
- coming out of the bedroom at 8:00 am to find chaos in the living room and Mommy asleep on the couch
"What exactly happened here?" Uh, the kids!? Mommy sure didn't do it!
And my absolute favorite:
- during pillow-talk, discussing a show about an unwed couple about to have a baby that we were watching on TV
"It doesn't take a man to make a baby, it takes a man to raise a baby."

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it! Kids say the cutest things.

Anonymous said...

My favorite has to be the marbles. They grow up too fast.

Anonymous said...

My goodness...such smart, clever and totally unexpected things from our grandkids.
Keep up the good work.
Mom

Rachel said...

I also laughed out loud about the marble comment. Oh you may want to have a little chat with her about that one :)
Very funny post!

The Hermyzoo! said...

OKay not only is Emma the smartest, I was laughing so hard at her desire to PLAY with the MARBLES comment. Wow kids sure do know how to keep us entertain. It's go great to hear how your family is. We really need to see each other!!!!!!
Tanya