Just a little update on the bug situation.
.
We're clear already!
.
Andy just took Emma down to the school & had her checked. She's perfectly cootie free. Yea!
.
I guess lice removal technology has come a long way since I was a kid. I remember sitting on the floor while Mom yanked & tugged those awful combs through my hair. The smell of the toxins was so strong that it made my chest hurt, & when it dripped on my face, it actually burned. I don't know how many times my mom had to do it, but it seems like we did it multiple times over a couple of weeks. My memory must've been affected by all those fumes.
.
Not so these days. 1 quick treatment & a couple of comb-outs & she's done! I'm sure it helped that she barely had any buggies there in the first place.
.
I actually treated myself too, just in case. No cooties here that we could see, but just the thought gave me the willies! So I have endured the comb-outs & toxification too. It actually smells kind of good!
.
Now that we're bug free, I think we'll go take a walk & enjoy the great outdoors. Has it only been 24 hours? It seems like a week. Maybe that's just because I did a week's worth of work in 1 night to get this house ship-shape.
.
Swine flu, strep throat and lice. If this is the kind of stuff that kids bring home from school, homeschooling is looking better all the time!
4 comments:
Amen to home-schooling!!! Not that I know anything about it....just saying sounds good to me too.
I'm glad Emma is cootie free. "Free at last" take on a whole new meaning when speaking of lice!!! Those suckers are hard to get rid of!
This might make you lose your lunch but I have to do it....I tutored a little girl who had lice SOOOOOO badly that I could actually see the lice climbing over each other on her head! When I took her to the nurse I found out that she actually had several cycles worth of lice because her hair was also so matted (it really was a very sad situation.....) that the bugs could never escape. They just lived and died on her head over and over again. My head itched for WEEKS after that ordeal. Just the thought of it all sent my scalp crawling. I'm glad Emma only had two....and that you had none!
I guess the one benefit when Cam got the buggies was I was Bald and Ben is always bald so we just had to do the kiddos.
I vividly remember combing through your hair while Mom had to go do something. I remember liking it, the hunt for the little critters was exciting to me!! Ha ha, I'm not so sure I'd think the same way now. Glad to hear that all is "well" at your house.
Yay!! Glad it was over quick. I bet your house smelled so good....I love the smell of clean laundry! That first comment is so gross and so sad!
Post a Comment