Tuesday, January 26, 2010

They Call Me Captain...

...Captain Destructo, that is.
.
Jack actually answers to the nickname "Captain" now. This little man keeps me running all over the house cleaning up his messes & rescuing him from dangerous situations. I tell you what, there is definitely a difference between 'toddler proofing' a house & 'Jack proofing' a house. This kid is crazy!
.
For instance:
.
OK, I know this isn't inside, but neither of my other kids have EVER climbed fully clothed on a 50 degree day, into the dog's water dish.

.

Captain Destructo loves to destroy everything in his path that he views as being neat or orderly. I follow trails of clean clothing from the kids' drawers into the kitchen only to find Captain at the end of the trail, surrounded by previously clean & folded laundry. He keeps me on my toes for sure.

.
And on a completely different note, Captain got his shiny new hearing aids yesterday. Pretty blue & super cool to boot. He is still getting used to them. I think they're louder, because he keeps pulling them out & handing them to me as if to say "I need a break now." They are much clearer, for sure. I've listened to them & the difference is amazing. Not to mention how flat they are. Oh, this kid is cute!

4 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

I have so much to look forward too! I hope Dallin doesn't make as many messes as Jack but he is just a week or 2 or 3 from crawling and I haven't even started thinking about baby proofing my house! Probably because I am moving next month...

Adrian said...

Wow! He is busy! Once again, those are the cutest hearing aids EVER! I'm surprised that he noticed that they are louder. That's EXACTLY what Hayley did. Dr. Mary turned down the high frequency sounds to kind of take the edge off. Did you listen to the little "ditty" at the beginning? Crazy right? Gosh that is one cute kid!

Unknown said...

What a handsome boy...sounds like he's your "challenge" in more ways than not.
Hang in there...he'll find something new to torment you with soon!

Kenningtons said...

Good thing he's so cute! I love his sassy new hearing aid. Funny that he takes it out and gives it to you so he can have a break. Cute, cute boy!!!!