I will NEVER complain about one of my children waking me up in the night again. Last night, while innocently blog-surfing for coupon shopping ideas, I came across a family's story of tragedy. On Thursday morning, the father went to get his 8 month old baby out of his crib & found him not breathing. After some CPR & a blessing, the paramedics declared him dead. He was only 8 months old! The thing that made it even more heart-rending is that the grandmother had taken a picture of mom & dad holding their poor deceased child in their arms & posted it on the blog. I literally cried for over an hour.
I guess I have never considered too seriously that these sweet little angels that we watch over are not really ours at all, and that if Heavenly Father needs them at home, he will not hesitate to take them back there. Such an eye-opener! As much as I try to cherish the time I have with my kids, I need to increase that appreciation ten-fold, because they could very easily not be here tomorrow.
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why they call it the PRESENT.
5 comments:
How sad! I can't believe the grandmother posted the picture on the blog. When I read the poem, it gave me chills. Thanks for the reminder Kris!
Oh, that is such a tragedy!! I know that death is part of the plan and that the sweet baby is no doubt back in the Celestial kingdom but it doesn't make it any easier to hear stories like that. It's all too personal now that I have a wee one of my own!!!! At the same time, it makes me grateful beyond words for the plan of salvation and our knowledge of it!!!
How awful!!!!!! Holy moly I would bawl too!!! I just couldn't imagine at all.
That is every parent's worst fear I think. That is so horrible.
How sad and scary! I am like you I think I cherish my kids and the time I have, but need to multiply it for sure. 8 months that is Jett's age. Soooo scary
Post a Comment