Thursday, March 19, 2009

Think Green!

I LOVE St. Patrick's Day. And no, it's not for the beer or the goofy shamrock glasses that people wear. St. Patrick's Day is awesome to me because my absolute favorite color in the world is GREEN! Now brace yourselves, fellow Bulldogs. My favorite color is not only green, but it's (gulp!) Thatcher Eagle green- otherwise known as shamrock or kelly green. Andrew (who is from Thatcher) gets a total kick out of my disgust for his school's color, yet my love of the color itself. Strange, I know. I am happy all day long on St. Patty's day- just thinking green can do that to me.

I love the 17th of March because I can wear my disturbingly loud green shirt proudly for all the world to see (without looking totally cuckoo). And I must admit, I love to find new & interesting ways to serve strange green food to my family. This year we went really tame. Just corned beef & cabbage (those old Irish staples- yum!) for dinner, with green lemonade & green Jell-O for dessert. For breakfast, Mommy was too tired to get up & cook green eggs & ham, so the kids had to settle for green milk & every single green Froot Loop that I could dig out of the 2 boxes I had on hand. Served in green bowls, of course, with green spoons. Hey- the kids got a kick out of it, and next year I'm sure that I'll be more creative. Next year I won't have a baby getting up 3 times a night!
I do need to share the success I had doing Emma's hair all fancy for the big day. She loved it, and I was shocked at how well it stayed in all day. I'm actually getting quite comfortable at this hair thing, and Emma no longer doubts my ability to accomplish these fancy 'dos.So I hope that your GREEN DAY was as fun as mine. Think green- it'll brighten your day too!

6 comments:

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

she looks adorable and I love the hair.

Amy Allred said...

Beautiful Hair! I am way jealous!

Hilary said...

You win the super mom of the week award. You are so much fun. I feel a little bad for not doing more than just dressing my kids in green now. Oh well, maybe next year.

Emma's hair looks so good too. You're going to have to teach me once Aliya has a little more hair.

Dana said...

No green pancakes?? Kris I'm very dissapointed in you, it's a family tradition! I made Adam a green tuna fish sandwich! It brought back the memories of peeking in to my lunchbox to see what strange creation my mother had come up with...green chicken noodle soup one year!

Unknown said...

Hey! That's what Mom's are for! I have to admit I didn't think of all the green food...that comes straight from MY mom and you'll have to ask her if it goes back further than that.
I'm glad to know that my kids are carrying on in true Larson/Ford style and that their kids have the "joy" of opening a lunch box with surprises!
Keep up the good work!!
I too am VERY impressed with Emma's hair!

Kenningtons said...

Such cute hair! St. Patty's Day came and went over here and I didn't even know it! I don't even think I own anything green. I'm glad you had such a good day. Your dinner looked YUMMY! We had spinach for dinner but that's about as festive as it got.... someday I hope to have fun traditions like you do!