Monday, March 23, 2009

Movin' & Shakin'

Jack went from rolling over for the first time to doing that log-style, cross-the-living-room-in-30-seconds-and-get-wedged-underneath-the-couch roll in about 1 1/2 days. He is everywhere! And to make it even more scary, he's already starting to do the bum-in-the-air, swim-with-the-arms move that inevitably leads to crawling. Where has my baby gone?

Oh, there he is!

Remember the Rainforest Jumperoo that we found next to the trash dumpster last year? Well, we washed it really well, and it's definitely a hit! He can really get this thing bouncin', and even shakes himself right to sleep. But the thing that's REALLY cute is that when he wiggles & wakes up, he'll bounce with just 1 foot to soothe himself back to sleep. Too bad I can't let him sleep in this thing all the time!

Note the hat. Little man has figured out how to yank out the hearing aids (not a big deal) and put them in his mouth (VERY big deal, since they don't belong to us)! But seriously, is there anything cuter than a sleeping baby?

And don't forget this stage- I LOVE it when they chew on their little toes! (And I especially love it when it's finally warm enough for their little toes to be uncovered!) He's never really tried to mouth his toes because they've been encased in warm little sockies since the day he was born. But now that they're naked on a daily basis, I think he might chew them right off!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this little one?

10 comments:

Dana said...

He looks so different from a few weeks ago when you were here. He is adorable!

Cheryl said...

He looks like Emma in the picture of him asleep. Oh, how they grow!

Unknown said...

What a doll-baby! He is really becoming a little guy/boy. It sure doesn't take long.

Mindi said...

Well, he is stinkin cute! I love to watch them suck their toes. I don't know why that is so cute when babies do it. However, the 7 year old sucking his toes in sharing time last week...not so cute!!

Kris said...

Mindi- that totally made me laugh out loud! I appreciate my new calling even more now.

Amy Allred said...

I LOVE that last picture of Jack! He looks so dang grown up. He is growing way too fast! And I cannot believe that he is already getting moblile! He needs to stop it, he will be walking before lazy Camm for sure!

Hilary said...

He does look grown up! I love to see babies roll like crazy everywhere. It just cracks me up for some reason.

Casey said...

I have to admit where does the time go. I watch mine and keep waiting for that first step. Yes he is that close. Great pictures!!

Cara said...

He sure is a cutie pie Kris! Love the wedged under the couch pic. Have he started to be your vacuum yet?

Jason and Amanda said...

Cute pics! I can't believe he is mobile already. It's so sad...they grow up way too fast!