Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Candyland Conspiracy

I've been making an effort to spend more quality one-on-one time with each of my kids every day. The best time with Emma is after her nap while Frank is still sleeping. We do crafts, sing songs, and play games.
.
Along the way, I have discovered something that I was previously unaware of.
CANDYLAND IS RIGGED!!!
.
Yesterday we spent an hour playing both Candyland and Hi-Ho Cherry-O and I lost every single game we played. I didn't really notice it at first, but as time wore on and I lost time after time, I started paying attention. I played 3 Candyland games and never made it past the peanut square.
WHAT THE HECK?
.
I would draw 1 blue, 1 red, 1 yellow, while Emma hit the jackpot with a Princess Frostine card and 3 double blue cards in a row. Sadly, my luck was no better at Hi-Ho Cherry-O, as I lost in dramatic & humiliating fashion over and over again. Let me tell you, that's no small feat when you're playing against a kid who can't hardly spin the arrow because her little pinky keeps getting in the way and stopping the spinner.
.
I honestly think that these games are rigged by the manufacturers. They have a computer chip embedded in the board that can tell if you're over the age of 8, and the game fixes it so that you can never win.
.
I think that I have a legitimate complaint for the makers of these so-called children's games, and I'm thinking of contacting a lawyer. On the other hand, it couldn't be that my competitive streak is wildly out of control, could it? Just a thought.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

it could also be that your daughter is one of the smartest little people I know and is secretly doing the math to make you loose.
Ah, to have a genius in the family :)

Ashlie said...

I'm with you Kris! I lose all the time. Maybe we should start a petition.

Andi said...

I guess you are already past the stage of "letting" her win.

To maintain your pride, you might want to just pretend you meant to let her win??