This last weekend Andrew took Frank to the Father & Son's campout. He tried to take him last year, but decided that 11 months might be a little young, so this was their first time out mixin' it up with the other dads and boys (and mom's 1st night away from Frank!) I totally embarrassed Andrew by insisting that he take the camera and document it for me. Actually, I told him that if he wouldn't take pictures, I'd come hide in the bushes and do it myself. I was so excited, and Andrew was just chomping at the bit to take his little man out and do the father/son thing.
We sold our camp trailer a few months ago and Andrew didn't want to bunk with anybody else, so he actually bought a camper for his truck off Craigslist and they tossed some mattresses in the back and roughed it. Let me tell you, his "rusty truck" (Emma's name for it) looks REALLY redneck now! The white camper doesn't exactly match the gray and brown primer spots, but it makes a heck of a playhouse for the kids! Andrew backed it up to the trampoline the other day and the kids had a picnic inside. Yeah, we're hicks.
Overall, it sounds like they had a fun time. You know how men are- it's like pulling teeth to get Andy to tell me any good details about the campout. But, they both had a great time and I guess that's what counts. Apparently Frank was the youngest kid at the whole campout, and all of the other dads were very impressed that Andrew brought him.
Come to think of it, Frank does look pretty small compared to all these big people!
They had so much fun that we're going to Thatcher this weekend to repeat the experience with Andrew's dad and his ward. What can I say? Andrew's a fantastic daddy!
3 comments:
That's awesome that Andy took Franky for some good daddy and son time. Halli was so concerned that Casey wasn't going to be able to take Elijah this year, lijah was okay knowing that he would see dad though.
Kris, I am so glad that Andrew let you and Emma come to Safford this past weekend to spend time with Mom and your sisters. We need to do it more often!! We had so much fun, it was just like old times, I am so glad that we are all getting along so good. The pedicures were awesome and lunch was great too!
We loved seeing Emma and our kids loved playing with her. Can't wait until we get together this next weekend for Frank's 2nd birthday.
Love, Dana
Sounds like fun. I tried to get Jeff to take Jace, but he wasn't going for it. Said Jace was too little (bad excuse). I just think that he really didn't want to go. Honestly I think Jeff is as spoiled as I am with the trailer. Who likes to rough it when you got that.
Post a Comment