Friday, February 4, 2011

"Snow Day"

Apparently us Southern Arizonans are not prepared to handle 10-15 degree weather.

Shocker.

Emma's school & 2 others in the district were completely out of water yesterday & were using a 5-gallon bucket brigade to refill essential potties & such. Numerous other schools are completely without heat & were unable to get it back on in time for classes today. All in weather where the high was in the low 30s yesterday.

What is this all about? This is Arizona! It was 80 degrees here last week!

So because we are such weenies with an infastructure that absolutely can't handle cold, Emma's school is out today. Emma yelled "Snow Day!" when she found out last night. So here we are, trying to entertain the kids when it's too cold to go outside & having already been housebound for almost 2 weeks.

Every form of entertainment in our house has been yanked from the game cabinet today. I think it's hilarious that we literally scoff at temps of 110 or higher, but our whole world falls apart if it hits 20.

Arizona- gotta love it!


4 comments:

Casey said...

No fair my kids wanted the day off too!

Cheryl said...

That is SO Arizona! We had 8 degree weather with the wind chill it was -10 degrees. Our kids had school but they did have indoor recess. I am missing AZ right now.

Mindi said...

I'm made for 20 degrees and below. Lived through plenty of winters with it. BUT, my pipes were not!! Never in my life had I had frozen or broken pipes until this week. So stupid!

Shannon Harris said...

it's because you made fun of Nashville! I'm so tired of snow days!!! We're supposed to get more this week! OIY

LOVE YOU!