This just happened about 3 minutes ago, and I'm posting it now because I don't ever want to forget my son's great faith at such a young age.
.
Frank has been struggling with having nightmares at night. It's been going on for weeks, but he usually crawls into Emma's bed at night to be with her, so we don't find out until the next morning that he had a bad night.
This morning:
Mom: Frank, why were you in Emma's bed this morning?
Frank: Because I had a bad dream last night.
Mom: What was your dream about?
Frank: I don't remember, but it was scary!
Mom: I'm sorry, baby.
Frank: Mom, remember when I got a cough drop & I was coughing & Dad blessed me? I think he should do that for me.
Mom: Why Frank? What do you think that would do for you?
Frank: It would make me feel better & I wouldn't have bad dreams. Maybe he could bless me with his hands on my head.
Oh, the faith of our little ones.
.
I also just remembered that a friend used lavender on her daughter's pillow to quell bad dreams. We'll try that tonight, too & let you know how he does.
.
Somehow I think that he'll be just fine.
These Latter Day souls are amazing, aren't they?
7 comments:
Very sweet! Very real! And a great understanding for the power that heaven can aid!
Wow... I could definately learn from your little Frank!! how sweet.. what faith!
I am so grateful that you stopped to listen and really HEAR what Frankie was saying...so often we are too busy being Mom to really learn from our little ones.
Good luck on the scary dream things and if Frankie believes, a blessing from his Dad is just the thing to help him!
Thanks for sharing!
Sometimes before Paige falls asleep her little imagination takes over with monsters, bad guys, etc. I've found the best remedy is to say a special prayer with her that she'll be able to think about special happy things. It always seems to work... oh, and probably the fact that I threaten her that if she keeps calling for me, I'll have to shut her door. :)
There is nothing quite like the faith of a child. It's even more special when it's our own children. So sweet. Hope his bad dreams go away.
Sweet, sweet boy! I really love the faith of little children. It's so strong and pure and so REAL!
p.s. No baby...free zoo day got snowed out so I didn't get my exercise on. Set to be induced Wednesday. Not excited!
Poor guy. I hope that the blessing helped. The lavender has worked wonders with Hannah. She still has bad dreams every now and then, but they are very few and far between. The lavender and daddy's blessings were a perfect pair for her. So sweet that he feels comforted by Emma.
Post a Comment