Whew! It's so nice to be able to sit & just relax for a few minutes. The kids are exhausted from playing in the snow this morning, so they're taking naps, and the baby is finally calm enough to sleep. It has been one heck of a weekend! My kids have been on a rotating schedule of needing Mommy. I will literally get 1 or 2 into bed, and by the time I walk out the door of their room, the other one is crying & ready for me. It's been absolute non-stop, and I am so grateful that I can just sit still for a moment or two.
.
Last week was filled to the brim with Dr's appointments, meetings, kindergarten stuff, and family activities. So wouldn't you just know that the second we stopped to take a breath, Jack & Emma both came down sick. Jack barely had a tiny cough & low fever. But of course Emma goes from fine to deathly ill in about 2 hours. We barely had time to start her breathing treatments before we were calling the Dr & getting directions to start her on the steroids. And since she got so bad so quickly, they didn't work as fast as they usually do, and we've spent the last 3 days doing breathing treatments every 2 hours & coaxing her to take the nasty tasting meds. I was holding my breath all Saturday night & Sunday morning because I was pretty sure we'd end up in the ER. But luckily, she turned the corner on Sunday afternoon & we were able to keep her home. Poor girl- I can't imagine how sick she'd get if we didn't know exactly what to watch for & what to do the instant we noticed symptoms. Asthma sucks!
.
This morning she was feeling well enough to go to school, and she even played outside in the snow for an hour without coughing. Yea! I thought Frank might be coming down with the bug, but he's been OK so far. Good, because he's really excited for his "Cookie Party" at a friend's house tomorrow.
.
Other than kids having the cooties, we're all doing OK. Andrew is still on light duty at work, and wondering why his incision is still popping open & bleeding. (Shouldn't it be healed after almost a month?) And I'm just going to veg for as long as I can- until I start to feel to guilty & get up to finish the dishes I started an hour ago. Life as a mommy- it never ends! But that's why we get paid the big bucks, right?
5 comments:
Man sorry to hear about the sick KIDS!!!! Poor Emma, how miserable. I am glad to hear that they are feeling better.
So you guys have SNOW??? That's CRAZY. glad the kids had a blast playing in it.
Sounds like you guys had more snow than we did. I'd say probably a good two inches. It was all melted off by 10:00 though. I'm glad yours lasted until Emma got home and could play in it. Sorry to hear you have had sickies. It's a good thing Emma has such a good mommy to take care of her!
That is one nasty sounding weekend with the sicknesses! Poor Emma with her asthma!! I've heard asthma compared to being flushed down a toilet. It starts off mild and then just spirals downward really fast!! That is VERY scary! How long has she had asthma? Did something trigger it the first time in her life or is it just a random thing? So glad your children are doing better. I hope things settle down for you!
Jamie- we started having problems with Emma's breathing when she was about 2. She'd been really sick & I went into her room in the morning & thought that she was DEAD! She was cold & so gray. We rushed her right to the ER, and soon after we started seeing a pediatric pulmonologist (lung doctor). She's usually triggered by a cold, but has been known to be bothered by pollution or allergies, too. And yes, it's just like the toilet-I've never heard that before, but it's so true!
Kris, that is sooooo scary!!!! I was lying wide awake the other night thinking about you and Emma and her condition. Asthma is so scary to me (along with vomiting and spiders..I think I need counseling!). I had a first grade student once who had it so bad (and NO inhaler at school!!!) that I was afraid to even let her do push ups let alone run and play with the other kids. I saw it get really out of control once and I refused to let her run around after that. Again, asthma is soooooo scary! I'm glad your sweet angel Emma is well again!
Post a Comment