Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goin' Through "The Change"

So what do you think- is this a good look for me?

I hope it is, because I want to look the part when I go to church on Sunday. Andrew & I were just called as the librarians for our ward! You know how it's usually little old ladies or older married couples that have that calling? Well, apparently some members of our ward thought so, because I actually saw people laughing & sniggering behind their hands when we stood to be confirmed. But the thing that surprised me is I had more than 1 person tell me that they were jealous that we got this calling! Who knew?

And it shouldn't be too long before I look more like this lady than I would ever want to. Last night I found my first...

wait for it...

GRAY HAIR!!!!!!

I am still in shock, and pretty much in complete denial.

(Andy thought it was hilarious, of course.)

Help me- I'm getting old!!!!

6 comments:

Casey said...

That is a great look for you! I actually think Librarians would be a cool calling. I can't believe you have gray!!! No I am not laughing.

Andi said...

I hope you survive all that copying... because really it should be called the ward copier...

Dana said...

Congrats! You'll do great and so will Andy. Have fun fighting with the copier and chasing down those naughty chalk and eraser thiefs.

Dana

Mindi said...

That does sound like a pretty nice calling. Don't worry, our ward librarian is very young and pretty...it must be the new trend...out with the old;) As for the gray hairs. I have many. Start loving hair dye.

Ashlie said...

It's all downhill once you get called to be the librarian. JK. That is a coveted calling.

Kenningtons said...

NOT A GRAY HAIR!!! That can't be!!! We (YOU!!) are too young for gray hair! Most likely it was just a really blond hair.....

The librarian???!!! LUCKY!!