Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Masterpiece

I am so proud of myself. I have ventured into the girly world of hair-dos & come out unscathed.

Behold my masterpiece-

No, not Emma- the hair! (Although I do think that Emma is a pretty great creation, too!)


I know that the back looks pretty messy, but Emma insisted that she wanted 1 more big heart in the back for Daddy. Never mind that she was DONE holding still- it was my job to make it happen. So even though the back looks kind of funny, I was pretty pleased with myself. Yea! Maybe I can be successful as the mom of a girly-girl after all!

I do feel the need to mention that this post is mostly for Emma. When I was showing her the pictures on the various hair blogs I was surfing yesterday, she had the nerve to ask me "Are you sure you can do that, Mom?" (I can hear you all laughing!) But I proved her (& myself) wrong. I'm sure there will be more pictures of my victories & failures to come. I will get good at this hair thing if it kills me!

9 comments:

Casey said...

You are so much braver and creative than I am or ever could be I am afraid.

Cheryl said...

Yeah! It is really fun. It makes me want to go to beauty school if it wasn't so stinkin expensive! Great job!

Jason and Amanda said...

It turned out great! Good job! You'll have to teach me how to make "hearts" next time you are in town!

Mindi said...

Wow Kris. I am impressed! The heart is great. I'm doing good if I can get the ponytail straight.

Hilary said...

Wow, I'm very impressed! I have never seen hair hearts before. I need to remember this just in case I'm ever brave enough to try it with Aliya.

And I have to say, Emma is one of the very cutest little girls I have ever laid eyes on.

Miranda said...

So cute!!

Kenningtons said...

So cute!!! I don't think the back looks messy at all!!!! It looks like you picked a really hard hair-do to start with and it turned out so cute!

So are you really trying to tell me that as our cuties get older they STILL don't hold still until WE give them permission to wiggle??!! My hopes and dreams of straight parts and cute dos has just been dashed!!! (but I appreciate the forewarning!)

Seriously, so cute, Kris!!!

The Hermyzoo! said...

I am way impressed. You did a great job. There's no way I could have pulled that off.

Unknown said...

Amazing...not that you could DO it...but that Emma sat still long enought for you to do it!
Great job Emma...and mom.
It was so fun to hang out all day yesterday! Thanks for being my town buddy
Love you guys