Monday, February 16, 2009

One Sweet Day


Valentine's Day was awesome this year. Andy let me sleep in because I was up all night the 2 previous nights with sick kids, and when I did wake up, I heard a little tap on my door. Andy told Frank to go away & let Mommy sleep, but I heard Frank say "But I want to say Happy Valentine's Day!" It totally melted my heart, and needless to say, I was ready to get up after that! Andrew is AMAZING, and had helped the kids make homemade cards for me, and even created a masterpiece worthy of Hallmark from himself. It still brings tears to my eyes to think about them- they're that sweet.

.

For a sweet activity for the kids, I made sugar cookies & let them go crazy decorating them.


Jack watched, but Mommy wasn't about to let him dig into that frosting!


The more Frank made, the less he put on them. Do you think that all of that candy is going to stick to that much frosting?



Emma is a "More is more" kind of girl.


Daddy & Jack having a conversation before we left for town.


Sticking to our tradition of doing a family date on Valentine's Day, we decided to take the kids to the movies & out to dinner. They LOVE being able to go on a real date with Mom & Dad, and it makes me glad that we do this for them. And they don't care if it's the dollar theater & coupons with dinner. They just love being together & doing something special with us.


When we got home, I let the kids choose a cookie to eat. Wait a minute- Mommy made that cookie, Emma! "But it's just so pretty, can I have it?" Hmmm..... Yes, I'm a good Mommy & let her have it, but that meant that I had to eat one of Emma's candy-laden delights. Ugh- most of the candy went in the trash before I even took a bite. I'm a "Less is More" kind of cookie person.


Hope your Valentine's Day was half as sweet as ours!

3 comments:

Amy Allred said...

I don't know about you, but the longer me and Scott are married the better he gets at steppin' up! I just love it when I get the chance to sleep in. I'm glad you had a good day.

Unknown said...

We decorated cookies at our house too on Saturday...but they weren't HALF as beautiful as yours were!
Glad to see that Valentine traditions are alive and well at your home.
keep up the good work!

Mindi said...

What a great day you guys had! I want to be one of your kids.