Thursday, November 20, 2008

Confession of a Chocaholic

I find that my life is almost not worth living anymore. Now don't get scared, I'm not suffering from postpartum depression or anything- far from it! But the chocolate queen has given up sweets.
.
AHHHHHHH!!
.
I can hear you all screaming now. It's awful & horrible. I don't feel any more healthy or skinny. And I definitely don't feel happy. In fact, I have found myself being really irritable lately. Let me tell you, carrot sticks just don't cut it when you're all stressed out & just need a King Size Snickers. I almost divorced my husband when he ate the last Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkin last week. Not that I was going to eat it, but the sight of it disappearing into his mouth was almost enough to drive me over the edge.
.
I'm not exactly sure why I've chosen to make myself so miserable. I suspect it was probably the sight of a garbage can filled with candy wrappers from my nightly raiding of the kids' Halloween buckets. Or maybe the examples of my healthy friends who actually watch what they eat & work out daily. But now I can't remember. I do know that my mouth waters when I drive by a Baskin Robbins and I almost want to cry when I see commercials for anything even remotely sugary.
.
I've been very strong for a couple of weeks, though I do admit to having a bowl of ice cream this weekend when I was sick & my throat felt like it was on fire. However, with the pace of my life increasing & the holidays approaching, I am considering falling off the sugar wagon. Preferably right into a big puddle of chocolate.

6 comments:

Casey said...

I guess I must be a chocaholic too. I try to eat pretty good and excercise, but I have to have sweet something sometimes. It is not good to cut them out. I feel for you. My weight isn't coming off anyway so why make myself suffer.

Unknown said...

Good Grief...nothing like putting yourself on the wagon right before the holidays!
Altho...I have to admit that you'll probably feel better, have more energy and your emotions will be under control when you are not swinging wildly on the sugar cycle!
Good luck...
Can I have your piece of lemon pie?

Miranda said...

Hmm.... you are ALOT stronger than I am! Chocolate or a nice Dr Pepper are things I think I can just not live without. (I'm sure I would live, I just wouldnt like my life!) No, all kidding aside... Good luck, and I'm sure it will be good for you.

Jason and Amanda said...

Yuck--I'd rather just eat the good stuff and run more tomorrow. Probably not a good plan I know...but it I like it more that carrot sticks!

Shannon Harris said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?! Maybe I need to be inspired by you... I am addicted! Good luck love and I'll be following you now like a hawk! Seriously maybe I should do the same...ya think?

Luke & Erica said...

Kris stay strong, not like you have ever had a weight problem. This pregnancy for me has been horrible, but on the plus side, it has shown me how motivated I can be. I have turned down DQ a handful of times, because I know that it will just make me sick to my stomach in the end.