Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HALLELUJAH!!


Pay attention ladies & gentlemen, history is about to be made. For the first time ever, the Merriman family is done with Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. Yep, you heard me.
DONE!!!
.
And as an added bonus, we've also completed Emma's birthday shopping!
YEA!!!
.
OK, so this is how it went down. We made our list & checked it twice all the way back in September & intended to have all of the shopping done before the baby came. But alas, Mommy was too sick to be traipsing all over town picking up gifts. So when we were in Thatcher for Halloween, we left the kids with Grandma & Grandpa & hit Wal-Mart like a hurricane. Presents for everyone! We actually managed to get every single gift except 1, and Andrew picked that up last week when it went on sale here in Tucson. We've even taken care of gifts for the grandparents & the Larson family-swap. Am I accomplished or what?
.
I can't even begin to describe how free I feel! It's wonderful to know that I won't have to be fighting traffic & crowds in search of the perfect gift. Also, it's great to have money in the bank because we have a TON of travelling to do this month since both of my baby brothers are getting married. Add to that the expense of a new baby swing (since Jack's decided to quit yesterday), and I am 1 truly happy gal. I think I'll be smart enough to do this every year!
.
Now I can focus on getting a birthday gift for the hardest person to shop for in the world- aka Andrew. If only that could be as simple as Christmas has been this year. Sigh...

6 comments:

Dana said...

Wow, you are superwoman! I have not even started my shopping yet. I have lots of ideas, does that count??

Hilary said...

Hi! I saw your link on Tahna's blog. I hope you don't mind me checking your blog out. I have a blog too. It's gregandhilary.blogspot.com.

Congrats on finishing your Christmas shopping! I'm done too, but went the online route. I'm lazy, what can I say?

Amy Allred said...

I'm close to being done. Does that count?? I just need Santa stuff. Are you ready for this weekend? It will be fun!

Mindi said...

Wow Kris. That's amazing. I'll be starting my shopping tomorrow...augh!

Jason and Amanda said...

Good job! I always used to be good like that but this year I fell off the wagon and am just getting started...Yuck. Trade ya?!

Rachel said...

Nice. I'm sitting here thinking I should brave the crowds and seek some deals, but alas I have no desire to spend money or get this prego body out of the house right now.
Congratulations I'm jealous.