I know that a trip to the park is not very blog-worthy. However, I just had to share a couple of things that happened when we had Family Home Evening (minus Daddy) at the park tonight.
I promised Emma that we could go to the park all the way last Friday. Since then, we have had 35-40 mph winds every day, and today it hit 95 degrees. Not exactly ideal park weather. But, Emma has been a trooper and been very patient until the weather was nice enough to finally go this evening. We just packed a little picnic and let the good times roll.
When I was growing up, my great-grandmother Grace used to sing us crazy songs while swinging, jumping on the trampoline, and playing on other stuff at my grandma's house. Her song for the teeter-totter went like this:
"Teeter Totter
Bread and Water
Wash your Face
In Dirty Water."
I never thought about it when I was younger, but this makes absolutely NO SENSE. But, I automatically sing it to my kids as they play outside, and apparently they've already picked it up. Frank was playing by himself on the teeter-totter and I heard this:
"Teeter Totter, Wash your Face. Teeter Totter, Wash your Face"
over and over and over. It was adorable, and Grandma Grace would've been so proud!
Our playtime at the park came to a screeching halt when Emma broke her leg. Ok, she didn't break her leg, but by the way she was screaming, you would've thought she had a compound fracture or something. By the time I got to her, she was writhing on the bike path and begging me to carry her "all the way home." I let it go on for a few minutes, but I finally just had to snap this picture. I told her it was so that Daddy could see how bad her owie was, but she actually asked me to put it on the blog "so your friends can see how bad I'm hurt." My daughter isn't a drama queen, is she?
(As you can tell, she'll most likely have to have reconstructive surgery to repair this horrific injury.)
8 comments:
This is hilarious!! I love that Emma wanted us all to see her injury! I'm STILL laughing about it!
Give Emma a big hug from her Aunt Dana!!! That picture makes me sad.
My boys also learned the "teeter totter" song, but I caught them changing it up a little bit..."wash your face in potty water". Cute, I think not! Guess that's what I get for having boys.
Dana
O.k. so you say she is a drama queen but, look at that face. Does it get any cuter than that? I think not. She is so cute even with a pouty face and a scraped leg.
In your post when you first said she broke her leg my heart skipped a beat. Theron broke his arm when he was 1 and I wouldn't wish that on my enemy's kids. It was so sad.
Kudos for taking your kids to the park and double points for having a camera close by to record the events! Poor Emma...she must have the same pain threshold as her Nana. I felt the same (and probably LOOKED the same) when I fell and tore up my knee.
Love to all
Mom
That is funny! I love how kids think these little scrapes with a little blood need a cast and crutches. Mine are or can be the same way. It really depends on there mood.
We sang the teeter totter song too, but due to the lack of teeter totters now a days, i haven't yet taught it to my kids.
My kids are also dramatic (must go with the child territory) and the world is going to end if they are "blooding!" But it is always nice to know that a band aid will fix it all better. Well that and mommy's kiss!
Oooh blood. That means the hysterical cry is coming out at our house!
So Emma! Intense to the max. Intensely smart, intensely energetic, intensely in pain!! Everything is either Christmas Morning or your worst nightmare...Can't blame her, I hate getting hurt myself...
Post a Comment