Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tidbits

We have been very busy the past week or so, and I thought I'd share some tidbits that I haven't managed to blog about.



It has been SUPER windy here lately. So when Andrew went outside on Sunday morning, he told Emma to only come outside if Mom helped her with the door. Do kids ever listen? Apparently not. She opened the back door only to have the wind catch it and have the door fling her about 10-15 feet into the backyard. Andrew was standing right outside, but couldn't reach her in time. LOTS AND LOTS of blood and tears. This was way worse than the scratched knee at the park. In fact, she was so beat up that we missed church on Sunday. Oddly enough, the only visible injury she actually sustained from this incident was the scratched and swollen nose and lip. The banged and bruised forehead was from falling after trying to "fly" on the swingset on Saturday evening. Dad was outside with her that time, too. Hmm, do we see a pattern here?


I think Frank is going through a growth spurt. He sleeps for hours and hours, and it's like waking the dead to get him up to go anywhere. I'll put him down at noon and have to wake him up at 4:30-5:00 so that he'll go back to sleep at night. This was the scene when Andrew entered his room at 10:30 am the other day. Just so you know, my kids go to bed at 8:00 pm, so he'd been sleeping (or doing who knows what) for over 14 hours!


Apparently Andrew and I are Emma's real-life Prince Charming/Cinderella story. She's been on a real marrying kick lately, and laments every day that she can't marry Daddy because he already found his Princess. It's adorable to see how sad she gets!

And this morning we got a favorable vote for our displays of affection when she told me that our little goodbye peck was "SOOO beautiful and pretty." Well, glad she knows that we love each other at least!





3 comments:

Ashlie said...

I love the legs hanging out the bars. So funny! Emma is quite the little character.

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about Emma's spills. She is a tough one.
I do love the photo of Franks legs.

Tahna Lee said...

I remember as a kid wanting to fly in the wind like Mary Poppins. I can see her little body flailing in the gail. Mason and Lena were amused at your description. Mason said "mushy" about your princess kiss.