I have always known that Emma loved her brother and looked out for him. I have also known for a long time that she is pretty much overflowing with empathy for others. Today, however, I have been struck by just how much she thinks about him before herself.
When I left for volleyball this morning Frank was not awake, so I just took Emma with me. She was SO upset that he didn't get to come with us. She said "It's so sad that Frank can't come. He won't get to play with all his friends and have lots of fun."
When she saw an airplane flying by- "There's an airplane! It's so sad Frank isn't here to spot airplanes with me." (Spotting airplanes is his favorite thing to do.)
At the library, where I let her choose a DVD to check out- "I guess I'll choose a train video so that Frank will be so happy."
At Sonic after I ordered our food- "What about Frank? Doesn't he get to have a special eat-out treat too?" And then later- "Mom, don't eat all of those potater chops (tater tots). I want to be sure and save some for my brother. That will make him so happy!"
On the way home- "I'm not going to drink all of my watermelon slush because I want to be sure and save some for my brother. That way he won't be sad that he had to stay at home with Daddy."
While she was finishing her slush after her nap, and Frank was still asleep- "I'm going to put some of my slush in my princess cup to share with my brother. That will make him so happy!"
Do we see a pattern here?
By the way, these are exact quotes. I wrote them all down because I was planning on blogging them. All this and it's only 5:00 pm. What else will she come up with?
My little girl is amazing.
5 comments:
So sweet!
And a little child shall lead them . . .
What a doll baby...aren't we truly led by our children?
Love to all,
Mom
Such a sweet girl! This says a lot about you, Kris!! After all kids learn best by example.
She is also great at throwing the guilt trip at mom for leaving him home :)
Post a Comment