I had a really embarrassing and humiliating moment with my daughter tonight.
After she got out of the shower tonight, Emma pointed to my face and asked "What's that, Mommy?" while pointing to my cheeks.
I looked in the mirror for a pimple or makeup smudge and didn't see anything, so I asked her to show me again.
Again, she pointed to my cheeks she asked "What's that?"
Being a little befuddled, I looked really closely in the mirror and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. So I asked her to point to exactly what she was asking about.
As she pointed directly to the dark bags underneath my eyes she asked me "Where did these come from Mommy? Do I have them too?"
(Mommy emits a BIG SIGH.)
"No, baby. You won't have those anytime soon."
By the way, this conversation is horribly similar to the one we had yesterday about mommy's stretch-marked belly. Oh, to be young again!
3 comments:
Fun isn't it. After Tayler points out my flaws after seeing some commercial about smoother skin, I quickly inform him that is not what that lady looks like. I am real, she is fake, and it's much better to be real. I'm not goin' down that easy! Ha.
Their honesty can be brutal, but at times refreshing.
I remember one time at church a little girl in Primary was sitting on my lap during sharing time. She kept rubbing my knees (I'm not the best at shaving) and loudly said, "your legs are all scratchy... my mom's legs are always so smooth". Too bad I couldn't crawl under the chair.
HA!! I, too, am sporting dark bags these days!!
Post a Comment