Anyone that knows us knows that we often have trouble getting our kids to eat. In the past few months, I've learned not to take it personally, to deny snacks and to just let them eat at their own pace. For the past few days, however, neither of them have eaten ANYTHING! Frank has literally eaten about 6 bites of food in the last 30 hours. He's still drinking, and is otherwise healthy, he just doesn't want to eat! Emma, as usual, just picks at her food and plays like a little monkey at the dinner table.
My dinnertime conversation with Emma tonight:
Mom: "Emma, you have 5 more minutes to eat and then it's bedtime."
Emma: no response
Mom: (watching Emma build a bridge from her cup to her nose with her fork) "Emma, it's almost time to get down. Can you eat a bite for me?"
Emma: no response, playing some sort of patty-cake game
Mom: (giving up and just staring at her)
Emma: "Mom, don't you like my show tonight? Don't you like my clappy feet and my clappy hands?"
Mom: BIG SIGH
Is it time for bed yet?
2 comments:
I wish I had Emma's problem (that I could be so distracted I forget to eat, or I'm just not interested). Good luck at breakfast!
funny, it's almost ten o'clock and Brodie is sitting next to me. He claims he isn't tired. He will be tomorrow at 6 am when I wake him up for school.
Breakfast will not be fun at our home!
Post a Comment