I am more excited tonight than I was on Christmas Eve!
Andrew just called home and told me that I can go to town tomorrow all by myself! So, until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon, I will be by myself, driving around Tucson listening to adult music, eating out someplace other than McDonald's, and doing whatever in the world I want!
I know that most of you are reading this and wondering why I'm so happy. Let me enlighten you as to what the past couple of weeks have been like.
.
.
My daily requests of Emma:
.
Emma, will you please not beat your brother with that pretend
hair dryer?
Emma, will you please not let the dog in the house?
Emma, please don't do ballet on top of the kitchen table.
Emma, please stop screaming.
Please stop screaming.
Please stop screaming!!!
EMMA, STOP SCREAMING!!!!!
.
.
And this was bedtime tonight:
.
Emma: MO-MMY!
Frank: MO-MMY!
Emma: MO-MMY!
Frank: MO-MMY!
Emma: Stop that, Frank! MO-MMY!
Frank: MO-MMY!
and so on and so on and so on!
.
.
So, you can begin to understand why Mommy needs a break! Casey took the kids for me for 2 whole hours this afternoon, and it was heaven. I felt like I didn't even know what to do with myself, I was actually giddy. But I think it was just a drop in the bucket, because by the time they'd been home 30 minutes, I felt like ripping my hair out again. Thank you, though, Casey, it helped me make it to bedtime without yelling! And trust me, that is a huge accomplishment these days.
2 comments:
I completely understand this! When Tyson is gone for weeks at a time and it is just me at home, I get so worn down by all the energy the kids have! And when I get worn down and don't keep them busy and entertained (not that it is always my job- they need to entertain themselves too!), that is when they have more and more melt downs. And when they have melt downs, I have them too. That's when I have to call someone and say- please can you watch my kids for awhile? But then I almost never know what to do with my free time. Things that I have to do, or things that I want to do, or just sleep!
Hi Kris,
I was thinking of you yesterday. I'm up early and decided to check out your site. I love it. I'm inspired. So, I heard about children who have special gifts and the way they discribed them fit Emma perfectly. Ever heard of "Indigo Children"? I have one CD aprox. 45 mins that can get you started. I'll bring it to church. Come find me in Junior Primary!Love, Tahna
Post a Comment