This weekend we went to the Barrett-Jackson car show in Scottsdale. I love car shows, but was not exactly thrilled to go to this one. For those of you who are not familiar with the whole car scene, Barrett-Jackson is the best of the best. They auction off the rarest, most expensive, and most famous cars in the world. For instance, this year they had the original Batmobile and the truck from the Beverly Hillbillies TV show.
I think that selling cars for 1 or 2 million dollars (yes, million) is just insane, and a huge waste of resources that could be used to really do something for our country. However, I consented to go with Andrew and we dragged the kiddos along.
This is them having lunch while being pushed by Grandpa.
Frank's reaction upon walking into the building was "Car, WOW!" He immediately tried to climb out of the stroller and was very upset that we wouldn't let him play with the cars. Eventually he kicked back and just enjoyed the ride like the cool kid he is.
Emma liked all of the people and found the 1 car that I think was absolutely made for her. She said, and I quote, "I definitely need one of these for Christmas!" Honestly, she could probably drive this thing within a couple of years, it was so small. But, a yellow one just like it sold last year for $74,000 so I don't think she'll be getting one any time soon.
Yep, it's the real thing!
We were so tired by the end of the day that we didn't even go see our friends or family that live up there. Sorry, Tammy, Tanya, and Gina, we wanted to come see you but just couldn't make it. We got on the freeway and didn't stop until we got to the Cracker Barrell in Casa Grande.
My 2 handsome men.
All in all, it was a great trip, and I really did enjoy myself. The car show wasn't quite as pretentious as I thought it would be, and the kids were amazing (considering we stuffed them in a stroller and made them ride all day long). We didn't get home until almost 11 pm because there was construction on I-10, but we did get home safely. We are very lucky to have a daddy who really loves us and wants to spend time with us. We love you, Daddy!
1 comment:
oh, General Lee. I can hear the horn honking now as they jump the bridge!
Post a Comment