Last week I was running around like a crazy person trying to get ready to leave for Young Women's Soccer. I was anticipating standing out on the soccer fields for 4 hours on the coldest night of the year, and I was not enthused. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY CALLING! But when it's 25-30 degrees outside and you have to just stand there and freeze while you watch the girls play, it can be a real test of how much you're willing to do the Lord's work. I know you're thinking, sports, the Lord's work? But trust me, being out there for these girls is really important.
Anyway, I had been grouchy and was packing everything in the car and getting my hot chocolate in my thermos when I turned around and saw this.
Who knew that my kids want to be astronauts?
These are the packages from the new soccer balls I bought for the Young Women. I would have never thought to use them. In fact, I had thrown them in the trash. But to Emma and Frank, they were a mysterious new toy just waiting to be played with. Emma told me all about how they were going to fly to outer space, and they even had some practice orbiting around the kitchen table. That is, until Frank got stuck in his and lay on the floor screaming "Help me, Help me," until I could detangle him from his astronaut suit.
This is why I love this blog. It makes me stop and appreciate these cute little moments because I'm always on the lookout for things to share. I tell you, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Through this marvel of technology I have learned to slow down and really LIVE life. So often we just rush through life and forget to just BE IN THE MOMENT. My goal is to savor these moments whenever I am blessed with them.
6 comments:
A. Your crazy to love your calling, but I know you do and it's great. The YW are so lucky to have you.
B. Your exactly right, the blog helps us capture those little moments that we would otherwise forget and move on with our lives, not realizing it was the perfect picture moment or opportunity to reflect on life.
I'm glad your still having fun.
You have such cute kids!!! I also loved being in the YW. I am not back in Primary and that is fun but a tad bit scary with a newborn--GERMS! Anyway, I love seeing what you are up to. p.s.Where do you live?
I meant to say "I am now back in Primary"
Not only are you stopping to appreciate the little things your kids do...you actually can FIND your camera and record it!
Most of the time when you guys were growing up, if I stopped to laugh at something, I couldn't find the camera and there was NEVER film in it. Sorry.
Your kids are lucky that you'll have these special memories to try and explain some day!
Love you,
Mom
I completely agree that it is fun to stop and take the time to laugh at the crazy things our kids get into! The things that they can use their imaginations for! I am like your mom though, I don't usually have the camera handy when those things are happening to get a picture. I tell myself that I will remember, but I almost never do!
I feel the same way about doing this...I love looking for those moments!
Post a Comment