I'm so excited!!!
And I feel that way because my kids & I have been going through a HUGE file of pictures that my mother had of me. The pics stretch from infancy to Emma's first birthday & we are having so much fun!.
So I thought I would share some of these pics with ya'll. The reason my mom got out the picture file is because we were looking for this picture:
This is Kris Ann Stermer with me at my baptism.
This is Kris Ann Stermer with me at my baptism..
I attended her funeral yesterday & it almost broke my heart. Kris Ann was my brother's very favorite babysitter, & he & my mom named me after her. I don't think there could be a more amazing person to have as an example & idol for me throughout my life. She was so kind, loving, courageous, and full of life. I can't even express what it has meant to me to carry her name for the past 31 years. I will miss her.
.
In the process of finding that pic, we also found evidence of Mommy FINALLY getting her turn to be Mary at Grandma Joy's annual Christmas Eve Party. It only happened a couple of times- there were a lot of girls to compete with!
And this picture. Seriously, Mom. I need a haircut! But if we can ignore that mangy fro, that shirt was my absolute FAVORITE!!! I wore it for years & still remember skipping up & down the sidewalk singing "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid." Never mind that I hadn't ever even been to Toys R Us. Oh, the power of television.
And this picture. Seriously, Mom. I need a haircut! But if we can ignore that mangy fro, that shirt was my absolute FAVORITE!!! I wore it for years & still remember skipping up & down the sidewalk singing "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid." Never mind that I hadn't ever even been to Toys R Us. Oh, the power of television..
But the real star of this pic is that bike. It's AWESOME!!!! I wish they still made simple, cute little bikes like that for girls today. I must've looked pretty sweet cruisin' that thing.

Do you think my kids come by those giant eyes honestly? Theirs may be chocolate & mine sky blue, but it's one thing I can say they truly get from me.
Alas, I need to go get Emma from school now, but we'll continue this little trip down memory lane a little later.
Alas, I need to go get Emma from school now, but we'll continue this little trip down memory lane a little later..
To Be Continued...........
Up Next, the Teenage Years
6 comments:
Wow. I was thrown off at the beginning of Emma in late 1970's early 80's clothes. :) Oh, I guess that's you!
Too cute, I love those pictures! How awesome that you were named after someone as awesome and she was, what a gift!
Glad that you are enjoying the pics. Dana went through all my pictures a few years ago and seperated them by kid...I thought you had seen yours.
It is a hoot when you can SEE how much your kids do look like you did.
Have fun!!
What fun pictures! Emma sure does look like her mommy. Cant' wait to see the teenage years....!
Haha that's the best excited face ever!
Awesome!! I love that you have so many great pics of yourself growing up. Kudos to your mom! And I'm totally cracking up about the way you worded this. You are a seriously talented writer!
Post a Comment