Friday, January 14, 2011

Getting to Know Mommy- Part 3

I had just as much fun in college as I did in high school. I managed to stay busy taking classes, Institute, & hanging out with friends. My 2nd year of school at EAC I also taught preschool & that was so much fun! It was the first time I ever felt like I could be a mom. I had never felt that way before and it was nice to think that I could have kiddos of my own someday, if only the right guy would come along!At one point I participated in the college's production of Grease. Not because I was into drama at all, but because I love to sing & Grease was my FAVORITE movie! (Not so much now, since I spent an entire semester singing all the songs over & over & over again.)While in an English class at EAC, I met that one special guy that I'd been looking for. He was so handsome, & I fell for him before he had ever spoken one word to me. We dated for over a year, which is like a record at EA. We had lots of friends that met, dated, got married & even had kids before Andrew proposed! But he did propose eventually. He took me all the way to Kirtland, Ohio to do it. He had served a mission there & wanted to ask me to marry him in a place that was special to him. Of course I said yes- he was so handsome that I couldn't possibly say no!So that's it- the end of Nana's pictures & the beginning of our family. This little trip down memory lane has been fun, but I need to get back to my life today.
.
Pottytraining the 2 year old. Yay! Anybody got a time machine? I'd like to go back to being young, skinny, & carefree again for just a few hours...............

5 comments:

Wendy said...

What a lovely couple! You still carry the same smiles and the same optimism that is shown in the last picture.

Kenningtons said...

That has been a fun trip down memory lane!

I had no idea you taught preschool or that you were in the play Grease. I do however remember you were dating Andrew so a few of us (I'm sure you know who...) tried to stalk him at Wal-Mart so we could figure out who this hottie was who stole your heart. I don't think we ever did find him but it wasn't for lack of trying, I'll tell you that!

Nicole said...

Cute! I love your matchy matchy engagement picture! So cute.

Unknown said...

So glad that you enjoyed remembering via the pictures and especially for sharing your thoughts with us.

The Hermyzoo! said...

Yeah memory Lane. AWESOME. You guys are so cute.