This past week has been rather jam-packed. We started off the Halloween festivities last Friday with a Spooky Party for the kids & their little friends. (Because I have so much time on my hands, right?)
.
Not too fancy, but it was so fun!
.
These kids were just so cute!
Then we (I) spent the week finishing up the kids' real Halloween costumes before the weekend.
Jack was too heavy for me to carry the whole way, so they gave me a wagon. Just 1 problem, people kept throwing candy in the wagon for him! So we came home with a bucket & a half of candy goodness.
Luckily this meant that we got to skip the OTHER Halloween party at Emma's school. I think that 2 in one night might've sent me over the edge.
This picture of Emma cracks me up because every time she has put this dress on, she has lifted the skirt to walk, skip, & generally just feel beautiful. Love it!
Saturday:
We now have enough candy & sweets in our house that should the world fall apart tomorrow, we'd be set for a good 3 months.
Even though our weekend was exhausting for the grownups, the kids couldn't have been happier.
.
Daddy was required to be home, because I wasn't doing this by myself.
It was his idea, after all.

We had games, ooo-eee-gooey slimy stuff, and lots of treats.
Oddly, Emma's fancy princess dress was the easiest costume I made.
Ooh, that gold trim on the Musketeer capes just gave me fits!
.
.
Oh, my, what a Halloween weekend it was.
.
Thursday:
Halloween play & trick-or-treating at ASDB.
.
Friday:
Storybook costume parade at school.
The kids needed to have a book that matched their costume. A good way to make it educational, right?
The kids needed to have a book that matched their costume. A good way to make it educational, right?
Emma was Sleeping Beauty (in the blue [sorry, AQUAMARINE] dress, not the pink one).
Friday evening:
Ward Halloween Party
Ward Halloween Party
Driving to Safford so that the kids can have Halloween with the cousins & grandparents.
Trunk or Treat at Nana's church. (We are now reaching candy overload!)
Trick-or-Treating in Grandmother's neighborhood.
I LOVE Halloween!
7 comments:
You did an amazing job on the costumes Kris!! They are all so cute! Boy, that is definitely a busy weekend. Your party sounds like it was a lot of fun and a big hit with the kids!
The kids looks oh so cute, I loved the boys' costumes the most, so creative!! Glad we got together this weekend.
The costumes are amazing!!! I'm so impressed with your sewing skills. Sounds like the kids had such a fun time with all that you guys did!!
Cute costumes and good job on the sewing...I think I need a few classes from ya. Glad you guys made it down for "cousin traditions"!
You MADE the boys costumes? You are amazing! You continue to impress me. Love the pictures of the kids... so cute.
I cannot believe you made the costumes. Wow! They're so cute.
YOU WERE IN SAFFORD ON HALLOWEEN?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!? Yeah okay I was too. But the good news.. I'll be back to Safford the 19-21st! What are the chances you'll be back there? Email me!!!
Shans
Post a Comment