Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Am That CRAZY Coupon Lady!

I actually got an eye roll from the cashier at Fry's today. And I was at the SELF check-out lane.
.
I am so proud!

I've always wanted to do a picture like this!

Everything in this picture was bought for under 50 cents each.

The potatoes & toothpaste were free!

And my kids have already eaten a whole box of the .24 Cheese-Its.

I decided not to show my whole order, because it wouldn't have fit on any table I've got. I had almost 2 carts of stuff!

Today I made my first real venture into serious coupon shopping. I've been practicing for a while, & working on my stock of coupons. So when a lady on Craigslist offered me her Sunday coupons for free every week, last week's included, I hopped at the chance & got everything set for my trip. I saved almost $200!!!! And it would've been so much better, but at the last minute Andy called my cellphone & had me buy stuff that I hadn't brought coupons for. Boo!!!!!!!

No, I'm not as good as those people that can buy 2 carts of stuff for 34 cents, but I'll get there someday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Kris! You do all the things that I thought about but never did!
Keep up the good work!

Kenningtons said...

Impressive!!! Cheryl, Jenn and I are going to get together one of these days so Cheryl can teach us her tricks for couponing. I can't wait for the day that I can save $200 at the checkout counter!

Sarah and Chris said...

Where do you even find that many coupons? I love coupons and if we ever go out to eat, it is only if we have coupons but seriously, where do you find that many coupons?

Rachel said...

I'm so impressed with you. I've been sort of trying, but I'm really terrible at saving coupons. I hate the mess they make in my purse waiting to be used. And we don't take the paper. Nicely done!