Sunday, July 19, 2009

School Already?

EEK! Is it that time already? Well, I guess I'd better wrap my head around it because ready or not, school starts tomorrow!
.
I've been sitting around all night trying to think about what I should be doing to get ready for tomorrow, but apparently a lot less is required of the parents of kindergartners. All I'm expected to do is send her with a backpack & a kiss. (Well, along with the mile-long list of "appreciated" school supplies.)
.
I'm actually really glad that we do year-round school here. Emma LOVED school so much last year, and she does so well with the structure & routine that it provides that I am thrilled to have her back in school. I will miss my little angel, but such is the life of a mother, no? She's been really wanting to learn to read & write lately, so hopefully she's going to thrive in kindergarten just as she did in preschool.
.
So beware, world. Emma is officially a "big kid." She tried on every school outfit we bought (with the backpack) to determine which would be perfect, and she's got everything all laid out & ready.
.
Until tomorrow....!

5 comments:

Amy Allred said...

I cannot believe it starts already!! I am so sad that all these little one's are growing so fast. Good luck Emma and Good Luck mommy! Take some kleenex. I cried like a baby!

Dana said...

Oh I didn't realize that she was starting so soon. I wish I could have called her tonight to wish her good luck. Give her a big kiss from Aunt Dana. Be brave Kris...it's ok to cry with all the other moms. I know I'll be doing it soon.

Luke & Erica said...

Wow, I have wondered about year round school. We have a few more weeks. Sometimes I think three months off is too much, it would be nice to have that time broken up throughout the year.

Unknown said...

We look forward to 1st day of school pictures and a list of the neat things she got to do on her
1st day in kindergarten!
Man...these kids are growing up WAY too fast for me!

Casey said...

So fun! I am glad my kids are in school already. I am enjoying my quiet days with Jett!