Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Little Clarification

Whoa, whoa, whoa!
.
I got a little splainin' to do, I guess.
.
There were WAY too many comments on my last post that described me as "brave."
.
Not even a little bit, people!
.
First of all, I didn't actually know until I had been in Round Valley for 2 days that Andrew was not actually coming up on his days off. What a shocking disappointment that was.
.
Second of all, I seem to recall breaking down into tears about the time that Jack pooped all over his 4th of July t-shirt, and the shorts, and me, and the car....you get the picture.
.
So, lest you think me a superwoman, let me straighten you all out & refer you to my sister Amy's blog. She KNEW that she was going to be camping for 7 days, no husband, 3 kids. And she was actually WILLING & HAPPY to do it!
Me? Not so much.
.
And now that we've got that all cleared up-

For your continued amusement.....
This is actually Frank, not Emma. Any more argument about how much my kids look alike?

And get a load of this.

.
Jack's very first taste of REAL people food. Aka, the baby treats that were later strewn asunder & stuck to everything in sight.

THE PICTURE BELOW CRACKS ME UP!

This little boy is so expressive, and this pic just captures his personality perfectly.


Classic, no?

9 comments:

Amy Allred said...

Thanks for the shout out sis, but you were not in my camper that last night when I only got 3 hours of sleep. I was FAR from being brave. I think I cried harder than Camm was that night. I LOVE all your pictures of the kids, I thought that dirty face was Emma, and I love the pic of Rusten and Frank. Why didn't I take that picture?? Oh maybe because I was packing my 17 month old, 30 lb, cry baby around EVERYWHERE!!! I went up there happy and willing because I thought because Camm loves being outside so much that he would LOVE it up there because we would be outside all day. BOY WAS I WRONG. When he got home he just ran around everywhere and was SOOOO happy.

I am SOOO happy that you came and stuck it out with me. Rusten has talked about Frank every day since we came home. Those 2 are adorable. I cannot wait until the 4 youngest boys are all buddies like that!

Rachel said...

Love the post! What a fun and funny vacation. I totally am having post vacation blues... care to join me?

Adam and Samantha said...

still think your brave...

Unknown said...

Don't care what you say...going ANYWHERE with 3 kids by yourself makes you deserving of a medal!
I can remember taking all 6 of you kids (granted Jason was at least older by then) and thinking, "I'll show HIM! I CAN do this WITHOUT any help!" and then later thinking..."WHAT WAS I THINKING!!"
Anyhow, I hope that the bad memories fade soon and you can just remember the good stuff.

Dana said...

What about the picture of Jack eating watermellon? It was so funny.

Seth And Josylyn Larson said...

I still think you're brave! I wouldn't even take my dogs with me!

Mindi said...

Sorry Kris. Still She-Ra to me!!

Kenningtons said...

You are LYING about Emma being Frank in that picture!!! My goodness, your kids are all identical!!! Lucky kids! You really are a brave woman and I'm standing by it. If there were even a microsecond of camping without a husband I would be a no-show! You had already been there TWO WHOLE DAYS (and I'm not forgetting the night!) without a husband. See what I mean??? BRAVE!!!

Shannon Harris said...

I could just eat your adorable children Kris! EAT THEM!