Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Peaches & Pioneers

Last Saturday we decided to try out the Peach Festival at Apple Annie's Orchard in Willcox. Unfortunately we didn't get up very early & so by the time we got there, IT WAS HOT!!!!Andy was busy picking when I noticed what Jack was up to.
Who needs peaches when you can get fiber this way?
It looks pretty, but we were all about to die of heat stroke. What is it with Arizonans- it's July, dummies!We happened to run into some friends while at Apple Annie's & invited them to follow us on down to Pima for the annual 24th of July Pioneer Celebration. I think they were amused by our super-cool small town parade, but the food was good & the fireworks were AWESOME! I love how the fireworks are always directly overhead for the 24th. It doesn't get any better than that.
.
Emma helped Jack out when the fire trucks at the end of the parade scared him half to death. Why do they insist on blaring sirens for blocks & making every baby & toddler within half a mile hysterical? Yeah, that's fun.Nana totally spoiled Frank's appetite for dinner, but I guess that's her right as a grandma. Pie & ice cream, yum! While we waited for the fireworks, Jack was completely content to eat the grass & smash the various bags of chips the cousins had left on the ground.
.
Nope, no hearing aids. His ears were hurting & I was out of energy to fight him on that particular issue. Did I mention that he's also teething? Check out the drooly shirt.All in all, another great 24th!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

What, someone celebrates the 24th around here???? I had no idea. Please let me know next year! Great pictures once again.

Kenningtons said...

I WISH I could be back there for the 24th of July celebrations. I looked forward to that every year. This year a few mommies in the ward had a mini celebration-sort of. A friend in the ward made homemade ice cream and a few of us moms met up at the playground to eat and play with the young ones. It's a far cry from the real deal we grew up with but it felt very festive for NYC!!

Casey said...

We were there as well and enjoyed the day of festivities.