Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monday Madness- LONG POST!!

Yesterday was a totally crazy, busy day. Since Frank was gone for most of his birthday, we had a party for him & his little buddies. And then in the evening, Emma's preschool held their "Promotion Ceremony." We were so lucky to have 4 of the grandparents here for that, THANK YOU for coming over! Emma told me last night that she felt so special to have so many grandparents here.
First, the birthday festivities:

Here's Rowley, Frank, Ben, and Jayden (who wouldn't look at the camera no matter how hard we tried to get him to.)
Once again we enlisted the help of the ball ramp. It's a whole lot more fun to bowl when you're not having to retrieve the ball from halfway down the lane every time a kid throws it.Daddy came to Frank's party for moral support, and babysat Jack for me, too! Mmmmm, pizza & root beer!
OK. Mommy didn't have a lot of time to make a nice cake, but I did attempt some bowling ball cupcakes. Too bad they don't look at all like bowling balls! The kids didn't care if they didn't look like bowling balls, though. Something tells me this kid likes chocolate!
All in all, it was a great party! No clean-up, somebody else did the cooking, and the whole party (minus the food) cost less than $10. Can't beat that!

{Just a little heads-up. There's a great website called kidsbowlfree.com. You can register your kids & they receive 2 free games of bowling every single day until September. It's awesome! Just go to the website & you can see if bowling alleys in your area are participating.}

Now for the Preschool Promotion:

Wow. My very own little graduate!
The caps & gowns are a little much, but who cares when your kid looks this cute?
Emma & Ms. Heidi. We love this teacher! She has done wonders for Emma. I know that the Lord made sure that Emma was in the perfect classroom, and Ms. Heidi was the perfect teacher for her. So even though we literally fell into bed last night & were totally exhausted still this morning, yesterday was just a perfect day.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow Mom and Dad!!! You had a lot of work yesterday!

(The cupcakes did look like a bowling ball.)

Dana said...

Ahhhh milestones...they are getting too big! I can't believe that Emma will be in kindergarten in a few months. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
Dana

Kenningtons said...

Where in the world do you even find a pint-sized cap and gown??!!! She does looks adorable though!

I love the tip about free bowling. Fun stuff for summer!! We have free bike riding and G-rated movies over here. I think it is going to be a very fun summer!

Jason and Amanda said...

Good job on the bowling party Kris. Looks like the kids had fun.

Congrats on the Graduation Emma! And I think the cap and gown are a nice touch! See ya soon!

The Hermyzoo! said...

That was one wonderFULL Monday. Happy Birthday to FRANK, bowling looked like a blast and I thought you did great on the cupcakes. I can't believe those CUTE graduation gowns. Glad to hear the day was a blast. Happy graduating to EMMA :)

Andi said...

Thanks for the bowling tip. I'm hoping to use it this summer.

Congrats to Emma! I'm so happy that she had such a good year.

Hilary said...

Sorry Jayden wouldn't cooperate with the camera. Now you know why we don't have any decent family pictures :). I thought your cupcakes were so cute and clever even if the kids didn't notice.

Mindi said...

I thought the bowling ball cupcakes looked great! Looks like a very successful birthday party. Congratulations Emma. All ready for kindergarten! Good teachers really are blessings.