Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hair Success

Here on our blog I've chronicled my journey from a hair-stupid tomboy to the somewhat adequate mother of a hair-obsessed princess. And now I feel that I've truly completed that journey. In the past couple of weeks, I've had dozens of people ask me for advice or tips on how to do their daughter's hair.
.
I've arrived!!!!
.
I am very quick to lay all credit at the feet of the hair blog goddesses that I worship. But the really exciting thing is that I have found my creative groove. Every once in a while I borrow a hairdo from the blogs, but more & more I find myself coming up with cool looks all on my own.
.
So Mom, Amanda, be proud of me. Emma no longer needs to beg for me to take her to Aunt Amanda's house so that she can have her hair done pretty. I've finally become a proper mother for Emma & her girly infatuations.
.
Here are Emma's 2 latest favorites. The hairband one caused quite the stir at church last week. I even had the bishop ask me how I did it. Cool!




7 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

I must say you have ARRIVED. She looks beautiful.

Kenningtons said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed! Next up: your own how-to hair blog! I LOVE the one with the two bows. Super adorable!!! I'm trying that one with KG! And I can certainly see why the headband caused a stir at church. Very creative!!

p.s.
Your comment made me laugh! KG knows "blimp" because we saw one the other day and she was fascinated. She made me verbally label it over and over again. Then she started saying it by herself and even "told" Mike about it. I laughed imagining what people thought of Kieralyn knowing "blimp"! HA!!! Still laughing!!

Cara said...

Those are some cute dos. You do way cuter hair then I do. I'm in a rut and can never think of anything but braids.

Hilary said...

That headband one really is cool. Forget my daughter, do you want to do my hair? ;)

Unknown said...

You certainly HAVE arrived! Hair heaven!
Quite a journey from my pathetic attempts at french braiding ("Here hold this piece...now hold the one on this side...RATS...now we have to start all over!!)
Emma is lucky to have such a talented, creative, willing hair dresser.

Mindi said...

Okay Kris. They are both great, but the headband one is so cool. I want my hair done like that!

Brianna, Landon, and Rory said...

Wow. That bottom one is super cool. Great job!