Sunday, August 3, 2008

First Things First- My Boy!

I am proud to report that my son is either totally obedient, or a total genius. Maybe both? It took a whopping total of 3 days for him to be toddler-bed-trained. The first night was not too bad, he just kept getting up to see what I was doing in the other room. The 2nd night was just a few minutes of trying to get up so that he could find toys to play with. The 3rd night he spent a whole hour climbing out of his bed & getting into Emma's bed. I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA ON THAT NIGHT! Even though Emma was completely asleep, he would climb up onto her pillow & sort of curl himself around her head. It was HARD to pull him out of her bed & put him back into his bed because it was so cute! When it finally got quiet in his room, Andrew & I found him standing with his feet on the ground & sort of laying across the foot of Emma's bed- sound asleep! It was freakin' adorable. But since then, he hasn't ventured from his big boy bed once. In fact, it's usually completely quiet the instant I put them in bed & leave the room. I think that I mentioned how hard this process was with Emma, so I was not prepared at all to have this be so easy. Next item on the agenda: Potty Training!
I also got my camera back from Safford (thanks, Dana), so I can share some pics of the kids at the Larson Family Campout. Let's just say that they had fun, because I think the pics say it all.

Emma & the infamous caterpillar. She is usually so rough with living things, I was amazed to see her be so gentle with this thing. She carried it around for over an hour until she loaned it to a cousin & it got lost in the transfer. Oh well. She wanted to bring it home, so I was kind of glad to see it disappear. Does that make me a bad mom?
Frank in his usual position- in the dirt! OK. So all of the grown-ups were sitting around talking & we noticed that the 2 2-year olds had disappeared. Next thing we know, we can hear the sound of a motor going, and see these 2 headed off across the campground. Frank wasn't even steering, and they almost ran broadside into Aunt Amanda's RV. Little thieves, but too adorable! Who's holding who here? And just for fun- if you choose to take weird pictures with my camera, they will get posted on my blog. Say cheese Uncle Tanner!

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

I love your posts. You're a great narrator. That picture of frank in the dirt is too cute. Lucky you to have him be so cooperative bed training. Good luck with the potty. Boys tend to be fun in that department. ;)