Thursday, August 21, 2008

And They're Off!

This week I get to be a single mom.
.
I love that my husband is totally willing to do extreme things to help other people, and this latest venture is certainly a doozie.
.
Our nephew Brian Paul Korn received a scholarship to Baker University in Baldwin City, Kansas, and reports to college on Saturday. We were talking to him about his trip out there when we discovered that he was going to go all by himself. Well, Andrew just couldn't have that! He instantly volunteered to "sacrifice" his time & accompany Brian Paul to college, just to make sure that he "got there safely." (Yeah, right.) Aren't I lucky to have such a noble & selfless man in my life?
.
So yesterday they both squeezed into Brian's little car & set out on the open road. Last night they ate at the Big Texan in Amarillo, TX, home of the 72 ounce steak. Yep, it's that place that you see on the Food Network all the time. There had been talk of trying "The Challenge", but they both took 1 look at the size of that hunk of meat & chickened out. Weenies!
.
Today they drove to Springfield, MO to visit the original Pro Bass Superstore. (Yeah, this is a total sacrifice for my husband!) Tonight they're going to stay in Kansas City & tomorrow they'll go scope out Baldwin City for Brian. I told them that they need to make sure & try some authentic Kansas City barbeque while they're in KC tomorrow. Andy will fly home on Saturday night, just in time to go back to work on Sunday.
.
Seriously, I'm really excited that these 2 are getting to have this adventure. A few weeks ago I even encouraged Andrew to go, but now I'm not sure what I was thinking. I need a nap!

2 comments:

Kenningtons said...

Oh my goodness!! We (Benedictine College) played against Baker so I went there at least twice a year!! I have a good friend who ran long distance for Baker so I went there even more to see her run! And i LOVE Bass Pro shop in Springfield. There is an AMAZING museum on the top level (at least there was when I was there 7 years ago). This post brought back a whole host of memories!! How exciting for Andrew and your nephew!!!

Amy Allred said...

It was good seeing your little ones today! I hope you were able to sit and relaxe a while before Andy gets back. I know all to well the feeling of being alone. It sucks.