Thursday, June 25, 2009

Drowing in Nature's Bounty

Well, this isn't a picture of MY garden, but I have 3- count 'em, 3- zucchini plants that look JUST LIKE THIS!!!! We are literally overflowing with yellow squash & zucchini at our house. Andrew has started just taking it to work & leaving it on the table in the hopes that someone will take it home.
Now don't get me wrong, we LOVE this stuff. However, our little family can only eat so much every day, and we're quickly falling behind in our battle to consume all our garden is providing.
So I'm sending out a cry for help. I need new zucchini & squash recipes! I have quite a few, but we need to broaden our horizons if we hope to keep our kids eating this stuff all summer long. If you've got any recipes that are tried & true favorites, send them my way & we'll give it a try. Also, any ideas on what to do with okra besides frying it would be appreciated. We've got almost 20 plants that are just starting to put off the good green stuff. (Don't even ask how we got that many plants- it's a VERY long story!)
And, if you ever need some of this yummy stuff, feel free to ask! I'm sure we could spare a truckload or so. Thank you in advance, folks. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm getting pretty desperate!

9 comments:

Hilary said...

You can send that yummy stuff my way anytime! My sis has a good Zucchini bread recipe. I'll get it from her for you.

Dana said...

Dave loves okra and so does your dad. So send some here.

Rachel said...

If its still there in two weeks I'll come by for some yummy stuff. But not too much I'm the only one in my house that will eat it.
Congratulations on starting a small Veggie Farm... perhaps you should start a stand at Saharita and Wentworth :)

Casey said...

Wow that is a lot. Sorry don't have any recipes, we don't eat stuff like that around here. It may be good for us if we did, I just don't know how to cook it or eat it. How is the "new ride"???

Wendy said...

I have a cook book with recipes if you'd like to see it.

Cheryl said...

Wow! I am so excited for our garden to start producing! I love z. bread but I'm sure you are already making that. Hope you are doing well.

The Hermyzoo! said...

How exciting how about youur garden. This is my first year planting and I am overwhelmed with joy that we've even sprouted stuff. I can't believe you have whole zuchinni's already. YUMMY to too love them. I have been told here to only plant one whole plant because they grow so well that people will do just what Andy's been doing to get rid of them. I would love some of your receipes, I don't have many. Good luck figuring out how to use it all and where to send some when they are coming out of yours ears.

Ashlie said...

Nice job Kris! You little desert farmer you!

Shawna said...

I just posted a yummy recipe on my project site. blueberry zucchini bread. It's awesome! I'm sure the bread would taste even better with zucchini grown at the Merriman Farms though!