Last night we had the first (of many to come, I'm sure) Spa Night at the Merriman household. Emma & I planned this a long time ago & have had to postphone it a few times, so we decided to go ahead & do it, even though the boys would be around. (Emma thought that boys weren't allowed in spas!)
We started off the evening with some personal pizzas. I remember having this English Muffin version of pizza many times in my youth, and my kids thought it was genius. Gotta pass on the memories!
Not a very attractive picture, but Emma wanted me to be on the blog, too.
Jack had fun "helping" Emma pick out her nail polish.
I let them watch a Veggietales movie while I did Emma's nails. It was MUCH easier to keep her from screwing up the polish that way. (This picture was taken at a suspenseful part of the movie, apparently.)
And when we were done, I let Jack get in on the action too. He had a great time soaking his tootsies.
It was a fantastic evening. My kids felt really special & loved, and for the first time in a long time, I actually felt like a good mommy. I would definitely recommend this little activity to anyone that just wants to have some nice one-on-one time with the kiddos.
12 comments:
I actually did this with my girls a couple of weeks ago when the boys went to father and sons. Another hit we had was we went to Kohl's and we all tried on a ton of outfits for fun!
How fun Kris! I love the pictures. Emma does look like she could handle this kind of lifestyle;) What a fun mommy!
That looks like so much fun, what a great idea. I love that picture of the kids in their chairs, and there's Jack in the background happy as can be!! Love it!!! And your a great mommy!!!
That looks like tons of fun! Caelin would totally love it but my little boys I am afraid they would rather be outside with Dad.
What a great night! I love the idea, and will have to get motivated to plan our own spa night!
Cute! Cute! Cute!
What a fun activity. I too remember the "muffin pizzas" but would have never thought to do the whole "spa" thing.
What lucky kids!
When is it YOUR turn?
GREAT IDEA!!!! I'm putting this one in my memory bank (read: bookmarking it on the computer)!
I really can't believe that you haven't felt like a good mommy for a while! WHAT??!!! Do you see what the rest of the blogging world sees? Your kids are sooooooo happy, healthy, ADORABLE and all of this is YOUR doing (I'm not forgetting about you, Andy)!!
I don't know the definition of being a good mom but in my book it is doing what is best for the kidlet and not what is easiest for me. I KNOW you do this!!! Sometimes what is best for the kids is also what's easiest for you but I know there is no way you would have three HAPPY children if you were doing what is easiest for you and not what is best for them. You ARE a fantastic mother and I know your kids agree!
I love it! What a blasted. These pics made me wish I could be there to join in on the fun :)
How fun! You're such an awesome mommy. How do I make my appointment for the Merriman spa?
That is such a great idea! When we were kids we had "pioneer night" when our parents turned off the electricity and we "camped" in the living room. I think I'll be doing "spa night" with my kids instead. The picture of Jack with his little tootsies in the foot bath is too cute!
Boys & Spas...when they get older they will look back and ask you why you made them do that!!! but it's funny_A
Cute idea. Reagan loves this...we used to do our toes at least once a week before Travis came...its not near as frequent now, but still fun! I haven't gotten the boys into yet--good for you!
Post a Comment