This year for Father's Day, I decided to leave all of the commercialism outside our door. Instead of searching for the "perfect" gift that would just get put on a shelf or in the shed, we made Daddy books that told all of our favorite things about him. 
The kids drew pictures of themselves with their Daddy, their favorite things to do with Daddy, and the things that Daddy is good at. I must say, no expensive gift could replace the look on Daddy's face as he "read" about Emma going to Target with him, and playing cars with Frank. He even got a little teary, I do believe.
The books went along with the ties that the kids picked out for Daddy over a month ago. We were in a store & happened across the PERFECT tie to match Emma's flower girl dress from Aunt Josylyn & Uncle Seth's wedding. And it was on a sale rack, so of course we had to buy it. Frank chose one, too, and Daddy was very pleased with the stereotypical Father's Day offering.
Emma loved being "twinners" with her Daddy at church that day.
Don't I have a beautiful family?
WE LOVE YOU, DADDY!
2 comments:
Great idea! That is a great picture of your family.
You have an absolutely beautiful family Kris!!!!!!!
Post a Comment