Tuesday, July 1, 2008

OOPS!

Completely out of the blue yesterday-
.
Emma: Is the baby going to come out of your pee-pee, Mommy?
.
Mom: (after choking on the food in my mouth) No, honey, he's going to come from my belly.
.
Emma: No, Mommy, he's going to come from between your legs!
.
Dad: No. It's magic, honey. He's just going to come right out from Mama's belly.
.
Mom: How do you know that, Emma?
.
Emma: Because I watched all the babies on TV come out of their Mama's pee-pees!
.
Dad: What the heck!!!
.
Mom: Uh, maybe I might have left the TV on the Discovery Channel the other day?!
.
OOPS!
So much for that awkward "Where do babies come from" conversation. Sounds to me like she's already got it down. Man, my kid is too smart for MY own good!

7 comments:

Adam and Samantha said...

Wow, your daughter is a very smart girl! Just wait until she starts talking about it at church or something, that will good!!

The Hermyzoo! said...

You really have a smart one on your hands. I have walked in on my kids watching the birthing channel many of times after the stinkin channel switched from cartoons to women having baby's. Either my kids aren't ready to head down the road of honesty or are completely content with babies coming from mommies bellies because they are nervous to get the truth. I am sure we will be going another round on this discussion shortly.

Tahna Lee said...

Man, I didn't see that until my prenatal class. Hilarious.

Kenningtons said...

OH BOY!!! I'm glad that conversation is not in my near future!

Andi said...

I suppose your little one has to come out somehow... no more magic fairies, and special potion stories for Emma!

Rachel said...

Oh that is funny.

Ashlie said...

Grow up on a ranch, then there is really no question as to how the whole baby thing works from start to finish. No explanation required. ;)