Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Heaven on Earth

Andrew switched schedules this week so that he could work during the day like a normal person. He has about 20 projects that he wants to complete, and he wasn't able to get anything done working the crazy schedule he was. First thing on the agenda was our POOL! We've had this thing sitting in the box in our living room for 2 months now, and all of us were getting a little crazy in the 110 degree heat, so Andy finally got it set up for us. Honestly, I was more excited than the kids! Finally, someplace to just sit, relax, and cool off. Who needs a vacation at the lake when you can get wet in your own backyard?
.
I have literally felt like I'm melting lately, so I pity the fool that tries to pull me out of this pool when it's so hot outside. Yesterday was our first swim, and the kids were ready to get out way before Mommy was. I can sit and have the water just cover my shoulders, while both of the kids can run around all by themselves without any help.
Like the title of this post says, Heaven on Earth!!!!!


Sexy maternity suit, huh? Emma found the only pink one in Motherhood & insisted Mommy buy it. Hey, it was on sale, so I'm not complaining, even though it's not very flattering & I totally despise pink!

.

Here's just a couple of random shots of the kids.

My little diva.

Do all siblings like each other this much? I'm so grateful that these 2 love each other. This is them watching TV together the other day. Goofy little monkeys!

Finally, my friend Ashlie took my kids out for a photo shoot yesterday. She's experimenting with her new camera and the photos she took are AMAZING! She's already posted some on her blog for me, but I should be able to see the rest of them soon. Beware, I'm gonna post a TON of pics because my kids look gorgeous in her photos. Hopefully she'll be done editing soon!


5 comments:

Kenningtons said...

A POOL!!!! That really must be heaven on earth. I love your bathing suit and Emma's hat. I really can't wait to see more of the pics your friend took. Your kids really are gorgeous.

Ashlie said...

Thanks for the compliment Kris. Your kids are so cute and cooperative it was pretty easy.

Your pool looks like heaven to me! If it wouldn't take up our whole back yard I'd be tempted to check them out.

Amy Allred said...

The pics of your kids turned out so cute. My boys loved looking at them.

Rachel said...

I am totally with you on the need for a pool in AZ. The boys have swam everyday (minus Sundays) since we got back in town. Its either in the pool, playing video games or driving each other crazy. At least the pool gets us a little exercise.

Jennifer Bundy said...

I so wish we could have a pool! ON the way to the temple up here, there is family that has an aboveground pool that I covet (or almost, since I really shouldn't) every time I drive by! One of these days,though, my parents will get their pool done. It is one of those endless pools. Maybe year 5 will be the charm. I think it has been in the process for 3 1/2 now. We are eagerly awaiting!

I went and looked at the pics of your kids, and they are wonderful! Both are very photogenic.